2016 Yukon XL Denail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdombrowki21

Reaction score
Hello all,
Just a quick question for you guys, I am looking in to buying a new to me 2016 Yukon Xl Denali with 42k miles. I have read a my fair share of issues with them, and was wondering if anyone would look for something different, are you happy with it? is there anything I should watch out for? I see tranny issues, water leaks, etc. I guess I am just wondering if I should stay away. Coming from a 2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ I am hoping to love the Yukon.
Thanks in advance!!

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get ALL service records and have a good independent mechanic put it on the rack to check everything out. Make sure you test it out on the highway [for as long as possible] to check for vibration. Put the A/C down to at least 65 and make sure the air is cold.

Not all have issues. All of the people I talk to on the road [go back and from NYC and Miami several times a year] are extremely happy with them.

Welcome from Miami Beach&NYC!

OP
OP
jdombrowki21

jdombrowki21

Reaction score
Well I should be able to because it was leased, but unfortunately I'm driving 4 hours to look at so my mechanic won't be able to see it because they are hard to come by in my area, specially for the price difference. I will definitely get it out on the highway and check the a/c. Thank you for the recommendation!

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
Just a quick question for you guys, I am looking in to buying a new to me 2016 Yukon Xl Denali with 42k miles. I have read a my fair share of issues with them, and was wondering if anyone would look for something different, are you happy with it? is there anything I should watch out for? I see tranny issues, water leaks, etc. I guess I am just wondering if I should stay away. Coming from a 2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ I am hoping to love the Yukon.
Thanks in advance!!

It’s really too bad there isn’t a sticky for this as it seems at least once a month someone asks..

Look out for vibration at highway speed (look up Chevy shake) and booming at lower speeds.

G00se

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As others have said:
- a lot of highway driving at varying speeds to check for booming / buffetting
- drive at slower speeds and easy acceleration. There’s a common torque converter issue that feels like you’re driving over rumble strips. Should be covered under power train errant till 60k mi.
- check the front struts. Had to replace mine at 62k miles. Rode like a tank. Common issue.

Otherwise enjoy it. Fun trucks with the 6.2.

OP
OP
jdombrowki21

jdombrowki21

Reaction score
As others have said:
- a lot of highway driving at varying speeds to check for booming / buffetting
- drive at slower speeds and easy acceleration. There’s a common torque converter issue that feels like you’re driving over rumble strips. Should be covered under power train errant till 60k mi.
- check the front struts. Had to replace mine at 62k miles. Rode like a tank. Common issue.

Otherwise enjoy it. Fun trucks with the 6.2.

Thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645