What's more important when upgrading a Denali?

• Brake

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Exhaust

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Shock Absorber/Springs

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BagaDonuts

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have been lurking on this site for a while and wanted to see if there were any updates. Anyone who can help with my below questions would be awesome!

1. Anyone had luck getting transfer case/trans replaced CPO? Definitely starting to have trans issue and the first dealer said to make sure its not in 4WD all the time and to try and take Grade Braking off. It does ride better but still weird shifting. Thinking about taking it to my local guy and see what he diagnoses and then go back to GMC.

2. Anyone know of good shops in NJ for performance upgrades on 2016 Yukon Denali? I am looking at Exhaust and a tune. I have heard tuning can help with the shifting issues. Makes sense but not sure if anyone can attest to that?

3. When idling, it does seem to work pretty hard - is that normal for other peoples 6.2L?

Plan on taking it to the GMC dealer but they take FOREVER around me and didnt address my trans complaint the first time I was there.

G00se

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To answer your poll question, I think it depends on what you're looking for 1) exhaust is mostly sound, marginal performance increase 2) brakes if you tow heavy or appreciate extra stopping power 3) shocks if you're looking to improve the stance or off-road performance.

I think a tune is best bang for your buck (diablo or blackbear).

OP
OP
B

BagaDonuts

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply! I ended up putting in perf air filter when I had it serviced which helps a tad. They said exhaust is very loud and I don’t want to be that guy in my neighborhood. Any suggestions for exhaust that’s not too loud?

Went to a new dealer (Rossi) who has heard of the shift/acceleration problem and they said it’s covered to flush the throttle converter and if that doesn’t make a difference after 2-400 miles then bring it back and they’ll replace the whole thing. I also had the front/rear dif and transfer case flushed (out of pocket cost). Now my baby’s riding MUCH smoother. Shifting isn’t as bad. I’ll give it another 200 miles and see where it’s at.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins