2016 Yukon and Android Auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife has a 16 Denali and a few months ago the gps antenna went out, naturally didn't notice until I needed to use it. Figured no biggie and plugged my phone in just find out no Android Auto, I don't do Crapple. Started research online only to get answers all over the place from I needed a software update to if I have the projection icon I have what I need. Plug there phone in and get unsupported device or something like that. Asked the dealer to check into installing Android Auto when they fixed the gps antenna and they say I just need the app, I am guessing Android Auto on my phone which I have tried both my phones which are both samsung S8s and different cables with the same results.

Does the dealer have no idea what they're talking about our am I missing something?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife has a 16 Denali and a few months ago the gps antenna went out, naturally didn't notice until I needed to use it. Figured no biggie and plugged my phone in just find out no Android Auto, I don't do Crapple. Started research online only to get answers all over the place from I needed a software update to if I have the projection icon I have what I need. Plug there phone in and get unsupported device or something like that. Asked the dealer to check into installing Android Auto when they fixed the gps antenna and they say I just need the app, I am guessing Android Auto on my phone which I have tried both my phones which are both samsung S8s and different cables with the same results.

Does the dealer have no idea what they're talking about our am I missing something?
you need to look at your build sheet and see if you have IO5 or IO4, IO5 will have android auto, IO4 will not
if you do not have it you can upgrade to it, probably cheaper to buy the HMI unit on ebay that will come ready to plug-nplay than to have the dealer do it.

OP
OP
yates ™

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you need to look at your build sheet and see if you have IO5 or IO4, IO5 will have android auto, IO4 will not
if you do not have it you can upgrade to it, probably cheaper to buy the HMI unit on ebay that will come ready to plug-nplay than to have the dealer do it.
Everything I read online shows I have to get it from the dealer, way more effort than I want to put into it, lol. It does have car play if that makes a difference.

tommyboy180

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Does IO6 support Android Auto? I haven't gotten it working.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons