2016 SLE Max Tow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Godzuki86

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all, this is my first post on the site. I just picked up a 2016 SLE and I am trying to figure out for sure which type of tow package I have. While doing some research it appears that if I have the integrated brake controller on the dash and air shocks and a compressor in the rear that it is infact a MaxTow model. Am I missing something? I don't know if the air compressor in the rear is just for auto ride or it just runs the shocks in the rear to help with towing/cargo weight.

Hopefully I do have Max tow as the gearing and extra oil coolers will be nice when pulling my 22' bay boat.

OP
OP
G

Godzuki86

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update: Well I located the window sticker (It was folded up like a gazillion times and in some of the previous owners paperwork) and found out it does indeed have the max tow! Good news for me! Also found out a bunch of the other add on options it has on it. I wasn’t worried about it pulling the boat even if it didn’t have the max tow (I tow it with my DCSB Tacoma most of the time) but I like how the MaxTow will make it easier on the truck.

Boatguy

Reaction score
Welcome. Remember, there are two tow ratings: One for load leveling hitches and another for regular (most boats) hitches. Regular hitches are usually lower both for max tow weight and for tongue weight.

OP
OP
G

Godzuki86

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome. Remember, there are two tow ratings: One for load leveling hitches and another for regular (most boats) hitches. Regular hitches are usually lower both for max tow weight and for tongue weight.

Thank you!

Yes, luckily my boat is maybe 4,000lbs on a heavy day. And that’s fueled and including trailer. Spec has it it 3,700. It will be the heaviest thing towed behind the Yukon.