2016 Escalade major electrical issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16Escalade32

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently got a stabilitrac and suspension message so I bring the truck in to find all these codes. The shop didn’t want to touch it. The CC has never worked, the 3rd brake light gives me issues and when in park if you hit the brakes the interior trim lighting dims/flickers. Also the rear leveling suspension has never worked…I replaced the compressor and made sure the fuse was good. I’m guessing it’s a grounding issue? I just don’t know where to start. Thanks for any help in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_0716.jpeg
    IMG_0716.jpeg
    575.2 KB · Views: 4

Silverado4x4

Reaction score
I recently got a stabilitrac and suspension message so I bring the truck in to find all these codes. The shop didn’t want to touch it. The CC has never worked, the 3rd brake light gives me issues and when in park if you hit the brakes the interior trim lighting dims/flickers. Also the rear leveling suspension has never worked…I replaced the compressor and made sure the fuse was good. I’m guessing it’s a grounding issue? I just don’t know where to start. Thanks for any help in advance.
This might but not 100% sure but check this video its for a Silverado but might pertain to you its a common problem on the issues you have. These ground straps rot out and create all kind of problems

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Sounds like part of it could be your break pedal sensor which is part of the third break light and will also cause your cruise control to not work. It’s a simple 10 min job that’s pretty easy to do yourself.
The stabilitrack light I’ve never been able to get off and what I did was replaced the shocks with normal bilsteins, unplugged the compressor and sensors, then had the computer “tuned” to have it cut off completely because for whatever reason it would cause mine to shift hard when it would come on. After the time I never had the issue again. You get a lot of benifits from a good custom tune even just for Dailey driving it’ll give it more power better mpg and it’ll shift so much better then the stock trans tune.
Also the tuner should be able to give you more insight to those codes you posted a picture of.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

How old is the battery? What we don't know is whether or not some or all of those codes are current or historical. I would scan it again with an OBDII adapter.

Do you have an Iphone? The Car Scanner app in the play store can read Engine, BCM and Brake/Chassis codes.

You can pull these codes and set up the app to view certain things to help you diagnose problems and get yourself a subscription to the shop manual at places like AllDataDIY and run through the troubleshooting guide to get after this. At least you'll know what's wrong and can do the work or have someone else. Those dudes are lazy but at least they knew their limitations.

OP
OP

16Escalade32

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This might but not 100% sure but check this video its for a Silverado but might pertain to you its a common problem on the issues you have. These ground straps rot out and create all kind of problems
Thanks for posting that video it is very informative! I’m heading out now to check grounds!

OP
OP

16Escalade32

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sounds like part of it could be your break pedal sensor which is part of the third break light and will also cause your cruise control to not work. It’s a simple 10 min job that’s pretty easy to do yourself.
The stabilitrack light I’ve never been able to get off and what I did was replaced the shocks with normal bilsteins, unplugged the compressor and sensors, then had the computer “tuned” to have it cut off completely because for whatever reason it would cause mine to shift hard when it would come on. After the time I never had the issue again. You get a lot of benifits from a good custom tune even just for Dailey driving it’ll give it more power better mpg and it’ll shift so much better then the stock trans tune.
Also the tuner should be able to give you more insight to those codes you posted a picture of.
Where is this sensor and rough cost? I’m definitely trying to find some ground issues as I am in the northeast part of the country. But it couldn’t be that easy, could it? Lol

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
Where is this sensor and rough cost? I’m definitely trying to find some ground issues as I am in the northeast part of the country. But it couldn’t be that easy, could it? Lol
May or may not be this simple but it could solve part of your problem anyways.
I believe the sensor was only like 40$ +\- and was located on the brake pedal mount under the dash you’ll see a black box thing it’s got two screws maybe 8mms? And a simple unplug and reinstall
As for the ground I’d check the frame grounds up front. Follow your negative battery wire to the frame.
My Tahoe always had horrible voltage drops I installed a “big 3” upgrade on the battery which helped it stay consistently around 14.7volts.
But you should have other signs if the ground is the issue but it wouldn’t hurt to pop it off and give it a good wire wheel.

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
I just noticed when I’m in park and push the brake, I’m getting a clicking almost like a relay from the passenger side glove box area?? Amy clue?
No clue on that one? Most of the ac stuff is on my passenger side (blower motor door actuators and that other thing) not sure what else would be under there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10