2016 6.2 Yukon AFM DoD Mis-fire No. 7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Watonga68

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, I received a code P0307 with only 52K on my 2016 Yukon XL with the 6.2L. I've had a programmer on it and restored it to factory tune before taking it to the stealership. I had already swapped coils, coil wires, and plugs with the same result, so I knew it was internal. Bad lifter, and of course they are on back-order. Does anyone know of a mild cam and DOD delete kit that would work for this? I want to keep the truck and don't want to have to worry about this happening again.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I received a code P0307 with only 52K on my 2016 Yukon XL with the 6.2L. I've had a programmer on it and restored it to factory tune before taking it to the stealership. I had already swapped coils, coil wires, and plugs with the same result, so I knew it was internal. Bad lifter, and of course they are on back-order. Does anyone know of a mild cam and DOD delete kit that would work for this? I want to keep the truck and don't want to have to worry about this happening again.

Amazon has the factory De-Ac Lifters in stock: https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-12645725-Original-Equipment-Management/dp/B01E6CLDFS

The above is the old part number, the new one is 12680871.

Don't know much about Gen V motors, but I would start my research at Crane Cams, Cam Motion, Vinci and Texas Speed for the delete.

OP
OP
Watonga68

Watonga68

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for the information. GM is paying for this round, but the next one will be on me and would like to be prepared, as I do plan on keeping it. I am amazed by the power, especially with the 8 speed transmission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the information. GM is paying for this round, but the next one will be on me and would like to be prepared, as I do plan on keeping it. I am amazed by the power, especially with the 8 speed transmission.

Make sure that when they replace the offending lifter that the lifter tray and VLOM are replaced, it's SOP. The lifters fail because the VLOM solenoid mis-timed, was too slow to act causing damage to the lifter.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update from the Dealership.....they said my cam was damaged as well, so they are replacing the cam and all of the lifters. Never a dull moment. All covered under the powertrain warranty!

Did they say anything about the VLOM solenoids? Did the lifter tray crack allowing a lifter to turn and wipe the cam lobe?

OP
OP
Watonga68

Watonga68

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They haven't let me know what all happened with it, but I have requested to look at the cam and am still waiting for it to be completed. I did ask them to replace the lifter tray and VLOM as you suggested. I have a programmer for it and plan on turning of the DoD before I leave the dealership. I will post on here everything they end up replacing. I'm concerned there may be metal shavings in the block. If it goes again I will do the complete Dod delete kit with the LS3 cam and lifters, but will put that off as long as I can.

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too was a victim of number 7 on my vette. Every corvette forum member I’ve asked who had an AFM lifter failure has had the same bank 7 lifter failure, didn’t find a single member with any other bank.
Mine actually happened at the dealership when I went for a test drive with my tech on an unrelated noise. Incredible luck.
However, this is where it pays to have buddies on the vette team. I asked one top level guy to reach out to the dealership and give them authorization to go to town. Cam, every lifter, vlom (very important), oil pump, springs and bolts, down to the high pressure fuel pump was all replaced. The engine tech is a friend of mine, has been at the same dealership for 22 years.
Sorry to hear about your trouble OP, but yes, it’s almost always number7.

BTW, my vette is a manual, has NEVER been in v4 mode. I’d like to believe that it’s a DOD issue, but I found many 15-17 victims of bank number 7. I’m thinking it might be more of a supplier part issue during those years.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Watonga68

Watonga68

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All repaired! New cam, lifters, VLOM, etc. I asked the dealership how much it would have been on my dime.......$4,550.00 was the total on the repair. DOD was turned off before I left the parking lot. Maybe it won't happen again with that turned off! Good luck gentlemen!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts