2015 Yukon XL Driver's Side Door Keyhole cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WTSHARK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stumbled upon the forum looking for a cover for my 2015 Yukon XL. I've got electronic entry, so I don't worry about using the key, and I don't want someone to attempt to punch the locks. I'd like to be able to use some type of plug or cover (I had envisioned one similar to a furniture screw hole plug, like you used to get in old furniture kits) or something along those lines.
I don't want something permanent, and it need not be flush- but on the off chance I do need to remove it to use my key for entry, something I can "pop" out with a key.
I haven't looked at the plugs and such from Home Depot (which is my next step), and I can paint it myself without hassle, but thought I'd pick your brains and see if anyone else came up with a brilliant alternative. All of the "parts" sites offer kits or covers for the whole door handle, I like mine paint matched and don't want to cover them with chrome...
Worst case I suppose I could buy one of the kits and use the passenger cover to "hide" the keyhole.

Any other insights or ideas?

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stumbled upon the forum looking for a cover for my 2015 Yukon XL. I've got electronic entry, so I don't worry about using the key, and I don't want someone to attempt to punch the locks. I'd like to be able to use some type of plug or cover (I had envisioned one similar to a furniture screw hole plug, like you used to get in old furniture kits) or something along those lines.
I don't want something permanent, and it need not be flush- but on the off chance I do need to remove it to use my key for entry, something I can "pop" out with a key.
I haven't looked at the plugs and such from Home Depot (which is my next step), and I can paint it myself without hassle, but thought I'd pick your brains and see if anyone else came up with a brilliant alternative. All of the "parts" sites offer kits or covers for the whole door handle, I like mine paint matched and don't want to cover them with chrome...
Worst case I suppose I could buy one of the kits and use the passenger cover to "hide" the keyhole.

Any other insights or ideas?

Interesting idea but if you can pop them out with a key...so could someone looking to punch your locks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
WTSHARK

WTSHARK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting idea but if you can pop them out with a key...so could someone looking to punch your locks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True, there's nothing I can do if someone is motivated enough to take it, the goal is to get them to move on the next one in the parking lot as mine is just a bit more trouble- The "true" goal of any security system is to get the bad guy to pick ANOTHER target- Thanks though

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check out jimmijammer.com

they have 'lock cap' that would work for you.
i dont see a jammer option for '15+ yet. might be worth contacting them

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the older trucks people would use the back portion of the rear door handle cover or sometimes whole handle so that they do not have a key holde showing. I cannot find an article or picture to show what I mean though :(

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
They wont move on to the next - they'll take what they want, that's why they're criminals. What Yates said is right - lots of people did that to make the handles look much cleaner as well. But the one time your battery goes dead and you cant unlock with a key - you'll be kicking yourself.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They wont move on to the next - they'll take what they want, that's why they're criminals. What Yates said is right - lots of people did that to make the handles look much cleaner as well. But the one time your battery goes dead and you cant unlock with a key - you'll be kicking yourself.
I think they pop on and off but I could be wrong as I have never tried it, lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645