2015 Yukon SLT - Sunroof No Power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rvrz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This might already be somewhere but I couldn't find it and hope this helps someone else out. My power sunroof stopped working one day and figured it was just a blown fuse. Replaced the fuse located on the passenger side fuse (#21 S/Roof 30A) and still no power. After some research I tried the fuse for the SEO Rap 10A (#8) in the drivers side fuse box and bam.. that solved the problem.
Awesome suggestion. Was just about to take it in to be looked at, I bet I would've been told to replace the entire motor or some thing. I replaced the number eight fuse and bingo things are working again. Now to see if it blows again. thanks so much.

Daddydave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This might already be somewhere but I couldn't find it and hope this helps someone else out. My power sunroof stopped working one day and figured it was just a blown fuse. Replaced the fuse located on the passenger side fuse (#21 S/Roof 30A) and still no power. After some research I tried the fuse for the SEO Rap 10A (#8) in the drivers side fuse box and bam.. that solved the problem.
Had the exact same issue while on a trip. Once home, first checked the 30A (#21) fuse on the right side. Ckd OK. I found this thread and checked the #8 (10A) fuse on the left side and it was blown. Replaced and now it works. If it continues to blow the #8 I will look into the wiring harness as mentioned by others!

Thank you all!

Ryan H

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can anyone share with me on this thread where the wiring harness is to fix this issue? My #8 fuse just keeps blowing every time I replace it and therefore I still don't have an operating sunroof. Thank you in advance for any help.

SuperOldSchool

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this same nonsense going on. I noticed some burnt residue by the sunroof switch too. I ordered a new switch. Number 8 fuse on driver side still blowing out. It would work until I opened the console.

I popped the console lid inner cover off and also removed the console rear panel (with the rear controls and ports on it). Wireless charger wire was still in its protective sheath, but there must have been a short inside.

I just disconnected the wireless charging connector (it never f’ing worked anyway).

So, new switch, new fuses on both sides and it’s good to go!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71