2015 Yukon SLT - Sunroof No Power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dwayne

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This might already be somewhere but I couldn't find it and hope this helps someone else out. My power sunroof stopped working one day and figured it was just a blown fuse. Replaced the fuse located on the passenger side fuse (#21 S/Roof 30A) and still no power. After some research I tried the fuse for the SEO Rap 10A (#8) in the drivers side fuse box and bam.. that solved the problem.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you certain that there is no power making it to the motor? To me the most likely suspect would be the switch, have you checked it?

Doctor Dave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This might already be somewhere but I couldn't find it and hope this helps someone else out. My power sunroof stopped working one day and figured it was just a blown fuse. Replaced the fuse located on the passenger side fuse (#21 S/Roof 30A) and still no power. After some research I tried the fuse for the SEO Rap 10A (#8) in the drivers side fuse box and bam.. that solved the problem.

Great tip, Thanks!! I had exactly the same problem, and replacing that fuse on the left side saved me from tearing the whole thing apart. I have had other weird electrical issues occasionally. hopefully this will fix them, also. THANK YOU !

Elcompachuy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine keeps blowing the fuse as soon as I replace the fuse. I'm not an electrical wizard but I'm assuming that's no bueno.

RikZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine keeps blowing the fuse as soon as I replace the fuse. I'm not an electrical wizard but I'm assuming that's no bueno.

Mine started doing the same. Sunroof stopped working and replaced the #8 and immediately blown fuse.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was posted in the Electronics section, it may help. "I had the same issue...#8 blowing continuously and sunroof stopped working. The problem was the wire harness going to the wireless charger on the console cover. The wire insulation cracked at the hinge, so every time I opened the console the fuse would blow. This was on a 2016 Tahoe. Discovered it when the console smelled like an electrical fire"

Elcompachuy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Its not that harness. Its my outlet behind the console and sunroof that dont work. Maybe AC inverter?

Rexc5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had the same issue on a 2015 Yukon SLT. Drivers side fuse panel #8 was blowing.
The wireless charging lightning bolt was on all the time and then discovered the sunroof wasn't working.
Removed the back panel of the center console and noticed the harness on driver side was steeply bent, and yes, two of the three wires were broken.
Reconnected the wires and presto, no more blown fuses.

skidaddytn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yep, #8 just restored our sunroof as well. I looked for bent/crushed wires behind the console by removing the panel, but everything was good. Also it has opened and closed just fine 5 or 6 times. My guess is that we overloaded one of those rear outlets, or the inverter, and it just blew the fuse. Will follow up if it blows again.