2015 Yukon 6.2-Listen to this noise- dealer says $5k for new TX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

07denaliyuk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Replaced the filter put 7 quarts of new oil in and the noise is 1/4 of what it was. I’m going to drop the pan again after two 300 miles and replace the oil one more time. I think that will get all the dead oil all of the torque converter then.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't drop the pan drain the fluid via oil cooler then refill takes 30 min. Buy 12 quarts from Amazon and the fitting on Amazon and get to it.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Tiredmechanic23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't drop the pan drain the fluid via oil cooler then refill takes 30 min. Buy 12 quarts from Amazon and the fitting on Amazon and get to it.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

You very much so should drop the pan. The filter should be changed on any normal trans service. Also on the case of these newer vehicles there is a thermostat in place on the cooler lines. Until the trans is above a set temp those lines are not even flowing. Fluid bypasses the cooler at the cooler line block on the side of the trans until up to temp and the thermostat closes the loop to force flow to the cooler so this would not be of use.

LRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What 08grey said worked for me. I disconnected the upper trans line, used the fitting, pumped out 4 quarts, dropped the pan and avoided a bath, changed filter, installed pan with new gasket, and cycled about 12 quarts of dexron vi through it until the fluid was bright red and took a 500 mi trip and its still bright red. I live in TX so it isnt that cold here at least yet. Who knows, maybe the day of it was jus warm enough to let it flow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo