2015 Tahoe Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes and there should be a thread on it. Try doing a search.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

sscott, i tried doing a search for you with no luck, the post that I remember showed the front end with a tape measure. Maybe someone remembers where the post was.

PokerMunkee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was dead set on getting a Z71 Burb but looked at one today. It didn't have the trailer brake controller. I thought the max towing package was included in Z71 but apparently not.

techbrute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Z71 suspension isn't the best selection for towing. You can't actually get the Max Towing package with the Z71 package. The Z71 package also requires a lot of unneeded things like the luxury package.

PokerMunkee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Luxury package is a must. I need push button start, power steering wheel, heated steering wheel, front parking sensors, etc etc etc. It's also not required for Z71. Z71 Off-Road package is a stand alone option.

I'm seeing some new Expedition Limiteds for $53K ($8-9K off). Should tow a lot better, especially up in the mountains where I live with the turbos. A tune is adding over 70whp to the Expy. They finally added a rear slip differential in the past month.

Last edited:

techbrute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Luxury package is a must. I need push button start, power steering wheel, heated steering wheel, front parking sensors, etc etc etc. It's also not required for Z71. Z71 Off-Road package is a stand alone option.

You may be right, but not according to the vehicle build page on the Chevrolet website. The offroad package requires the luxury package. And while we can all agree that the luxury package is nice, I think calling it a "must" is a bit subjective.

PokerMunkee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha, very true. I'm just bummed the Z71 doesn't have brake controller. It gets the 3.42 gears, which is why I thought it had max towing. Doh!

techbrute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should be able to get a true off-road package on a barebones LS. Alas...

AZRiverRunner

Reaction score
I was faced with the same choice... Max Trailering or Z71. Since I couldn't find a Z71 in local dealer stock, I went with the LT 4x4 with Max Trailering. The rear shocks on the max trailering are auto leveling air, nice ride, and the front springs and shocks are noticeably stiffer than prior years 4x4 Tahoe's stock setup, yet ride good. I will add tow hooks, which the air dam design makes it easy to cut out for them. If you're really going off road, the air dam on all the 2015 Tahoes, Subs, Yukons, have a lower skirt that will need to be removed. Thankfully, its bolted on.

As for skid plates, I haven't looked into that yet, hoping to be able to bolt the Z71 plates on.

PokerMunkee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, bought a new Nissan Armada Platinum 4x4 for $49K this week.
9k towing capcaity and longer wheelbase than Tahoe sealed the deal. And a lot cheaper. Tahoe has newer stuff for 2015 but I really like the Armada.

11047872_10153300359669985_8960422110789244425_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts