2015 Tahoe right side front end shake at 80 mph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

Rrunner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have Mitchlen all the way around probably half life left on them. The two times I’ve had them balanced. The shake never goes away, even after just balancing.
I too have Mitchlen, probably a little more worn than half life. I had them balanced and rotated on regular schedules and I did try moving front left to rear left and the problem remained at front left so pretty sure it's not a tire/wheel issue.

OP
OP
R

Rrunner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update on my 2015 Tahoe shaking issue, to reiterate shaking starts between 75 and 80 and increases intensity the faster higher your speed and yes, I live in Texas where 80 will get you run over. High end Michelin tires, all purchased new at the same time, they’ve been rotated, and road force balanced on a regular basis. I just noticed that three tires read 5 on the tread depth and one on the left rear is at 2. Maybe this one worn tire is the cause but what would cause this? Shake/vibration is not really felt in steering and alignment is good, steering is tight and responsive, vibrations are felt in seats and body. The Tahoe rides very hard, you feel every slight deviation in the pavement, no bouncing though. Had one mechanic say the right rear wheel bearing that he could replace for $800, I couldn’t hear any grinding or anything wrong with it and when pressed he wasn’t really sure. I can’t throw thousands at this until hopefully I hit the fix. I’m thinking maybe shocks, does anyone have suggestions?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
When you say three tires read 5 and one reads 2, you mean 32nd's, right? If so, one is worn out and 3 are where I change my tires before they are worn out. If you know you need tires, replace them and go from there.

Borrowed_Time068

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2015 Tahoe (118,000 miles) front end on passenger side begins a shake/vibration around 80 mph, it's a smooth ride up to this speed. I've had all four wheels high speed balanced two times so I know it's not the wheel balancing. Any suggestions on what might be causing this?
I have the same problem with my 2016 Yukon with 22” factory wheels. Road force balance did nothing to help. Still trying to figure it out. Starts around 77-78 MPH and gets worse from there.

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem with my 2016 Yukon with 22” factory wheels. Road force balance did nothing to help. Still trying to figure it out. Starts around 77-78 MPH and gets worse from there.
I have the same thing on my 2015 Yukon, but I have 20" wheels. I attributed it to the Bridgestone tires being towards the end of their life, which are about 10k miles from being replaced.

Borrowed_Time068

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same thing on my 2015 Yukon, but I have 20" wheels. I attributed it to the Bridgestone tires being towards the end of their life, which are about 10k miles from being replaced.
I’m beginning to think it is the tires. I rotated them yesterday and the vibration is gone until I get to about 82-83 MPH. But then you can feel it in the back end. The tires are Bridgestone’s and have probably around 30k miles on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10