2015 Tahoe PPV console upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Homebiz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can pull the center console out of a civilian 2015 through 2017 Tahoe/Yukon / Suburban and retrofit it into a 2015 Tahoe ppv police vehicle?

I bought one from a 2016 Tahoe but I can't get it to fit right. Not sure if I'm installing it correctly. maybe I need to take it apart more to get it to drop down over the center hump.

Right now it's sitting high on the center hump and won't go all the way up under the front dash.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you pull the seats out, to mount it to the seating studs in the floor?

I could be mistaken, I cant remember if that was for the jump seat, center console, or both..

OP
OP
H

Homebiz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's a good point. I didn't pull the seats out because it looked like it would fit in without it but I might need to try that.

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a good point. I didn't pull the seats out because it looked like it would fit in without it but I might need to try that.
Did this ever work out for you ? Did you end up pulling the seats cause I think you have to

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can transfer the console over and don't have to pull the seats but it makes it easier.

2016ppvtahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did u ever find the problem? I just did mine and it was a pain!! I realized you have to cut holes in the vinyl floor for the guide pins on the bottom of the console… after you do that it goes in so much easier

OP
OP
H

Homebiz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
An update to the console install. I got it in. There's a few fastening points I can't figure out how to connect but it's good enough. The existing Tahoe ppv wiring from the floor and coming from underneath the dash was not long enough to connect everything to the new console. The only thing I got hooked up was a cigarette lighter plug near the driver. I'll have to splice in wire to extend some of the other existing wiring so that I can get a cigarette plug working in the back of the middle section.

There's someone online that has a YouTube video about the wiring and they can make a custom wiring harness if I send them all the pictures but it's going to be at least $200.

With the stock radio, I don't know if there's a way to hook up USB and get it to play through the radio from my phone. I couldn't get the USB powered up with the existing wiring I had. The 2015 Tahoe ppv I got had a 110 volt outlet existing but on the council I bought, it didn't have a place for the 110 volt. I guess I could carefully cut a square through the plastic to pop in the 110 volt outlet that was in my dash previously but I'm going to hold off for now.

There's also a loop of wires in a wiring harness connector that come out underneath the dash. It loops down to a connector and then goes back up under the dash, I'm thinking that might have something to do with the controls for the rear heat and air conditioning. The console I have has those controls built in but I don't have a wiring harness to try out connecting it. The wires coming from underneath the dash aren't long enough to reach the connector.

I did remove the seat on the driver's side but that was to replace the foam on the bottom. That made a huge difference in how the seat felt. The foam was completely crushed and disintegrated. The foam cost me less than $80 from Amazon.

Ppvloser

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@cmatt are you still making these harnesses or does anyone know where or who offers one, I’ve got a 2015 Tahoe console with wireless charging lid I want to put in 2015 Tahoe ppv

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts