2015 Suburban Stuck in 4WD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joeypaz12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello! New to the group. I have a 2015 Suburban that is stuck in 4 wheel drive. I didn’t even engage it. It also has a service 4WD error message. Is there any way to get it back in 2wd? Thank you.

OP
OP
J

Joeypaz12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I pulled fuse #6 under the hood and it took it out of 4wheel drive.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally help you with your question; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me will chime in.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would need the trouble code to diagnose for sure but a common issue is the 4WD actuator switch itself. Sometimes it is intermittent and pulling the fuse (or unhooking the battery) will reset it and it will work properly UNTIL it does it again..... the switch is cheap and easy to swap out I would probably pop one on it anyway as a preventative maintenance item.

dpollak81

Reaction score
There is a TSB for the 4X4 switch on the 15+ that it auto engages. It’s a simple reprogram. Not sure if yours is under warranty but if it hasn’t been done they may cover it at the dealer. Google bulletin 14616.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879