2015 Suburban lets go back to Stock ZW7 Struts and Shocks, Help Please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4 years ago, I replace my stuts and shocks with bilstein 5100 in their fully extended position for the front to make for a 1" lift.
I am wanting to go back to a stock ride and see on my rpo sticker in the glove box I have ZW7 suspension, 2015 suburban all steel suspension, no air.
So Far the gm parts I can figure are:
23183851 for the shocks
23179303 for the struts

anyone can confirm these are correct?
at 110k miles, should i also replace other worn out parts will I am there?
do I need to look at other codes on the rpo sticker
thanks in advance

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Post the last 8 digits of your VIN, and @915_Tahoe may be able to give you the exact part numbers that you need.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
those 5100's are a hundred times better than the oem, so unless they are leaking in which case they could be warranted I wouldn't waste your money.
just my .02 cents and probably the same opinion you will get from other's.

OP
OP
A

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those 5100's are a hundred times better than the oem, so unless they are leaking in which case they could be warranted I wouldn't waste your money.
just my .02 cents and probably the same opinion you will get from other's.
no, fully extended fronts make the ride terrible.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no, fully extended fronts make the ride terrible.
I would just get the correct 5100's then I do not see the reasoning for a fully extended shock with a 1" difference
otherwise rockauto has the oem rear's for $55 each and 1 front (shock for the oem strut) for $81

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the fronts adjustable? If so, just take them back down to stock height.

Not sure why they would ride bad, even “extended” (whatever that means) to 1” higher than factory. I have run a few 1.5” leveling spacers and there was absolutely no difference in ride quality at all.

OP
OP
A

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rides like a horse carriage, but I have to say very very planted on the highway at speed.
I think I will have the shop return them to lowest height setting and report back on any perceived improved ride comfort.