2015 SLT vs 2015 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnC

Reaction score
I was in this quandary as well. Once you option a SLT reasonably you can buy the Denali with no options, get much more as standard features, and only end up paying well less than ten percent more. I do think a stripper Denali will hold it's cost differential at trade or resale as long as it's a 2015i.

I wanted the 8 speed so the decision for me to spend a little more to get it wasn't that difficult. I'm still waiting for mine to be built - supposedly week of 6/8 and still was able to keep the sticker under 70K.

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

I forgot to mention the fact that the I liked the fact that with the 8 speed you do get the towing package thrown in along with two speed transfer case (got the 4WD) and 3.23 rear end.

Add my to this list---what to do?!?:emotions122: I don't want to be that person that buys a 15/16 with the 5.3 6-speed, and then they do a 5.3 8-speed the following year.

Midcont

Reaction score
The jump from the 07' to the 15' is so huge that I don't' think you need to go Denali.
There were two reasons I saw to justify it; the increased power and the magnetic shocks.
It's an extra vehicle for us so neither of these were worth the price increase.

The quality of the leather, the electronics, the interior were very close. The lights we upgraded to the Morimotos as many here have done and they are as good or better than the Denali HID's and can be done for $200.
Hard to justify Denali if you take vanity out of the way.

Last edited:

techbrute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The jump from the 07' to the 15' is so huge that I don't' think you need to go Denali.

There were two reasons I saw to justify it; the increased power and the magnetic shocks.

It's an extra vehicle for us so neither of these were worth the price increase.

The quality of the leather, the electronics, the interior were very close. The lights we upgraded to the Morimotos as many here have done and they are as good or better than the Denali HID's and can be done for $200.

Hard to justify Denali if you take vanity out of the way.

And the extra 100hp and 100ftlb of torque... It's only about a 10% increase.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And the extra 100hp and 100ftlb of torque... It's only about a 10% increase.

It's 65 more hp and 77 more ft.lbs. of torque or an 18% increase in hp and 20% increase in torque. Also the 8 speed transmission. It's definitely a premium price increase but it isn't a trivial power increase.

techbrute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stand corrected on the power, but the SLT and Denali that I looked at were about 10% delta in price.

undertaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Add my to this list---what to do?!?:emotions122: I don't want to be that person that buys a 15/16 with the 5.3 6-speed, and then they do a 5.3 8-speed the following year.

I don't want to be the person with a 5.3 when a 6.2 is available, lol.

Hell I don't want to be the person with a gasser of some sort if they ever bring back a diesel!.

Deephaven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Escalade is faster than my ML63 was. :)

As for the slt or yukon both will hurt reaale wise compared to a used one. Gotta pay to play. Figure how long you'll keep it and how many miles you'll own it and you can sort of figure the difference by shopping equivalent used ones from an appropriate age

Cmicasa the Great XvX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I own an SLT and love it like crazy.. get compliments on the feel, look, and upscale demeanor inside and out. Power is strong.. especially since I tuned her up.

That being said.. I drove a Denali, and then an Escalade, and then an Escalade Platinum.. and quite frankly I see why they charge what they charge as U go up the ladder.

Verdict.. if I wasn't waiting for the new $90,000 CTS-V to hit the lots, I'd be in an Escalade Platinum in a New York second.

ROCdermody

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
One week in with an 800 mile run from Rochester to Secaucus,NJ and back. Made the trip dozen times or more with the '09 Escalade ESV and was thrilled with the YXL SLT's performance. The 5.3L did its job, with 4 adults plus luggage, without drama and without strain. The real payoff was with the $200 in gas cash i had brought. The Escalade would've required all of it plus a bit. With the SLT in the driveway I still have $70 in my pocket from the gas budget.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz