2015 SLT vs 2015 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Considering upgrading from my 07 Denali to a 2015 Yukon. My question is what are the big differences between the SLT vs Denali. Besides the 6.2L, 22's and a fancier grill is it worth the extra $$$ for the Denali?

Last edited:
OP
OP
JML07denali

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, those options are not worth the hefty price tag of the Denali.

jbhardy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Previously I had a 2008 Tahoe which I loved, however it only had the 5.3 and the 4 speed which was disappointing. Now I'm in a Mercedes GL450 with the twin-turbo v8 and I've been spoiled by the power and 7 speed. I wanted to go back to the big body on frame SUV but the only way to get all the power was to click the Denali box. Still waiting on delivery...since February 18th :wtf:

zxlr88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Previously I had a 2008 Tahoe which I loved, however it only had the 5.3 and the 4 speed which was disappointing. Now I'm in a Mercedes GL450 with the twin-turbo v8 and I've been spoiled by the power and 7 speed. I wanted to go back to the big body on frame SUV but the only way to get all the power was to click the Denali box. Still waiting on delivery...since February 18th :wtf:

If you had a GL450, that was not a twin turbo v8. GL63 maybe.

HAARubicon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When we faced this decision it was more than a year ago. Things have changed since then with the addition of some very nice features like the 8 speed, hands free lift gate, wireless cell phone charging to name a few but I would probably still go SLT. But I would wait for the 8 speed to paired with 5.3, I feel it will probably help with performance, but I really don't complain about ours with the six speed.

OP
OP
JML07denali

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When we faced this decision it was more than a year ago. Things have changed since then with the addition of some very nice features like the 8 speed, hands free lift gate, wireless cell phone charging to name a few but I would probably still go SLT. But I would wait for the 8 speed to paired with 5.3, I feel it will probably help with performance, but I really don't complain about ours with the six speed.

Thanks, not really concerned on the performance piece as this would be my wife's vehicle to haul the kids around,. I do agree with you and I might wait to see what the 16 SLT model has in store.

ktpinnacle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking forward to the 8-speed with the 5.3 as well. But it's not going to happen for 2016. Don't really want to wait another year hoping for that option.

RD2015

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was in this quandary as well. Once you option a SLT reasonably you can buy the Denali with no options, get much more as standard features, and only end up paying well less than ten percent more. I do think a stripper Denali will hold it's cost differential at trade or resale as long as it's a 2015i.

I wanted the 8 speed so the decision for me to spend a little more to get it wasn't that difficult. I'm still waiting for mine to be built - supposedly week of 6/8 and still was able to keep the sticker under 70K.

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

I forgot to mention the fact that the I liked the fact that with the 8 speed you do get the towing package thrown in along with two speed transfer case (got the 4WD) and 3.23 rear end.

jbhardy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you had a GL450, that was not a twin turbo v8. GL63 maybe.

The 2014 GL450 was still the twin turbo 4.6 liter with 362 hp/406 torque. It happens to be the same engine in the GL550 but is tuned differently to make the 429hp/516tq. The GL63 AMG uses the whole different animal 5.5 liter.

But you are correct, the 2015 450 has been downgraded to a v6 with the same hp but considerably less torque.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork