2014 PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C17load

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi just purchased a 2014 PPV Tahoe in Charleston SC . Very interested in all posts. Do have a question about driving lights ? They are not operating, any ideas?
Thanks for letting me in?
Rgds
Craig

Attachments

• IMG_20211011_142941776.jpg
    IMG_20211011_142941776.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 13

Harold Pierson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
About driving lights not working, it's common for the up fitter to remove them and replace with strobes or LEDs. Remove the headlights and you will probably find the sockets just hanging there. Also if you Hi beams don't work, they may have cut in a headlight flasher, and you need to go back to factory wiring. Does the horn work? That's another common issue they didn't reconnect when removing the siren.

All three of these things were wrong on my 2014.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
On mine they had cut the wires below the headlights and spliced in another wire from the headlight flasher. Of course they took the flasher out but did not repair the original wire.

Chances are good if you trace the wiring from the headlights back to the relay box under the hood driver’s side you’ll find your problem.

Good luck and welcome to the fraternity of PPV restoration.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Pickensmd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
More than likely the running lights were just cut. I purchased my ppv from Texas beginning of Nov and had the same thing. Check in front of the passenger side wheel well (inside the liner) and the headlight wig wag flasher that is a plug and play unit is probably still in there as well. At least mine was…mine was a plug and play whelen unit so easy to remove.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65