2013 Tahoe - Spark plug needed replacement after 8k miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not. I saw the p0301 code and went for plug #1, which seems to have resolved the issue. Why do you suspect the other spark plugs? Should I inspect them even though the first appears to have been the culprit?
A lot of chicom counterfeit parts in the marketplace these days :(

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have not. I saw the p0301 code and went for plug #1, which seems to have resolved the issue. Why do you suspect the other spark plugs? Should I inspect them even though the first appears to have been the culprit?

I'd say to check two or three others just to confirm that the problem is with only that one plug. You may find the others to be great, or on the verge of crapping out. Knowledge is (engine) power.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score

its just unlikely that out of the blue a single plug is the culprit. it may be the first cyl bad enough to throw the code. you described it as roasted/burnt- can you determine if its oil or fuel?
checking the rest of the plugs, if theyre all black on that bank its likely a bad o2 sensor or something causing the fueling to be off.
if it is truly just cyl 1 i would look into the injector or possibly the valve seal/pcv blown out leaking oil into cyl

igor2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A lot of chicom counterfeit parts in the marketplace these days :(
I feel your pain, my car just turned 32,000 miles and needed eight new spark plugs, fuel injectors had to be pulled and clean, throttle body had to be cleaned, all to the tune of over $850. Go to the internet and do research and the need for an oil catch can for the Chevy 5.3 engine, also every chance you get when there's no traffic around, put the pedal to the metal and blow all the carbon out. Hope this helps you.

Jonmurphy

Reaction score
its just unlikely that out of the blue a single plug is the culprit. it may be the first cyl bad enough to throw the code. you described it as roasted/burnt- can you determine if its oil or fuel?
checking the rest of the plugs, if theyre all black on that bank its likely a bad o2 sensor or something causing the fueling to be off.
if it is truly just cyl 1 i would look into the injector or possibly the valve seal/pcv blown out leaking oil into cyl
You gotta use a catch can, on these engines Jesus there's all kinds of blow By. Also there's a lot of fake plugs out there I guess they're Chinese knock offs Out there.Make sure you have the right heat range plug and be sure and use 20/50 oil. With HI mileage blend, This helps prevent Plug fouling And oil burn bypass carbon crap, It really works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia