2013 Tahoe DRL's are not coming on, been researching YouTube's but not any specific to the 2013.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have checked fuses and the bulbs, the owners manual does not show any relays or Diodes specific to 2013. The ambient light sensor seems to be working properly as well, I had put good quality Morimoto LEDs in over a year a go and everything has been working great. I am not that sure when they quit coming on ( not real observant, huh) . Anyway would appreciate any 2013 specific trouble shooting for DRLs would be helpful.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Basics first. Do you have power at the bulb sockets when the DRLs should be on? Some of the Morimoto kits require an additional power lead to be run for the DRL LEDs to come on. Is that lead in place? Fuse for it okay?

OP
OP
rdhogg

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Basics first. Do you have power at the bulb sockets when the DRLs should be on? Some of the Morimoto kits require an additional power lead to be run for the DRL LEDs to come on. Is that lead in place? Fuse for it okay?
They have been working for several months now, but all of a sudden not working. We are on a three week road trip to visit family for Christmas, so I have put shooting this issue on hold. thanks for your input

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They have been working for several months now, but all of a sudden not working. We are on a three week road trip to visit family for Christmas, so I have put shooting this issue on hold. thanks for your input
Safe travels! We'll be here when you get back :)

OP
OP
rdhogg

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have checked fuses and the bulbs, the owners manual does not show any relays or Diodes specific to 2013. The ambient light sensor seems to be working properly as well, I had put good quality Morimoto LEDs in over a year a go and everything has been working great. I am not that sure when they quit coming on ( not real observant, huh) . Anyway would appreciate any 2013 specific trouble shooting for DRLs would be helpful.
May 2022 update, first our three week road trip turned into 7 week stay, then had to fly back to NJ for a family funeral and other priorities. To recap, I had checked all the fuses, wire connections, etc and still the DRLs would not come on. It was time to check the Morimoto LED bulbs. I knew that they were going to be ok because they had not been installed that long and plus both would not not go out at the same time, RIGHT? I put off checking the bulbs because in 2007-2014 GM decided it was way too easy to replace headlight, turn signal and DRL lights so they upped the game ( I know how easy it used to be because I had a 2000 Tahoe before). So guess what? both bulbs of the fairly new LED DRL bulbs were toast. I replaced them with Morimoto Cree LEDs works great , And now I am a certified tech in removing almost the entire front end of a 2013 Tahoe just to get at and replace the DRL's, ha

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad you found the problem and thanks for reporting back. Crazy that they BOTH failed so early as well.

OP
OP
rdhogg

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you found the problem and thanks for reporting back. Crazy that they BOTH failed so early as well.
I know right, I have never experienced both of any Auto lights going out at the same time, I am kinda hiding and watching to see if there is something else causing this to happen. The only thing that I had done (lighting) was putting HID's and halo's on the head lights. I did not want to crack open the headlight housing to put the halos in, but that was done in 2014 so if that was an issue it should have surfaced way before now. So until then, I will keep a watch on the DRL's and let the forum know if anything else pops up.

2013 HALOs.jpg

Last edited:

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know right, I have never experienced both of any Auto lights going out at the same time, I am kinda hiding and watching to see if there is something else causing this to happen. The only thing that I had done (lighting) was putting HID's and halo's on the head lights. I did not want to crack open the headlight housing to put the halos in, but that was done in 2014 so if that was an issue it should have surfaced way before now. So until then, I will keep a watch on the DRL's and let the forum know if anything else pops up.

View attachment 370460
Those are really, really cool looking headlights. Well done, and worth the effort in my opinion. I've always preferred the front end of the NNBS Tahoe/Suburban to that of the Yukon/XL. Later generations are the opposite for me though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt