2012 YUKON AC ISSUE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THE DONALD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, now another air conditioner issue in my 2012 Yukon. The A/C blows intermittently. When it blows it is cold. When it’s not blowing the compressor still runs. I changed the blower resistor and it worked great for 5 days. Today it was dead. I punched the blower cover and it started working perfectly. What do you think it is guys? Should I change the resistor again? It was a Dorman ,not a cheap one

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Are you saying it stops blowing any air at all or it continues to blow but the air is warm? If it is blowing and then stops blowing, I would have done the blower motor WITH the resistor, and yes, OEM parts. Genuine GM at RA. Dorman electrical is CRAP, no matter the price.

OP
OP
T

THE DONALD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dorman = Cheap (in most cases
Are you saying it stops blowing any air at all or it continues to blow but the air is warm? If it is blowing and then stops blowing, I would have done the blower motor WITH the resistor, and yes, OEM parts. Genuine GM at RA. Dorman electrical is CRAP, no matter the price.
nah, the is no air coming from the vents but as soon as it starts blowing again it is ice cold . The compressor is always on even if not blowing. THANKS

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
already bought a oem resistor for mine for when the day comes, it's already on the shelf... just a matter of time

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
"nah, the is no air coming from the vents but as soon as it starts blowing again it is ice cold . The compressor is always on even if not blowing. THANKS"

Then I would say you need an OE Genuine GM resistor and blower motor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf