2012 Chevy Tahoe Hybrid problems . . . no, it can't be, can it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do the mods continue to let you on this forum? If this were any other forum you would be banned for trolling. All you ever do is log on to talk trash. Hell, I don't even own a Tahoe anymore and I'm far more beneficial to this forum than you.

It's what he does when the freerepublic servers go down.
picture.php

Rockytfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the wrong thread to ask this as SFT is just trolling ... you'll find all the info you need here: http://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/f69/ including feedback from engineers who worked on these trucks. I'm registered as HyHoe over there. Long story short, the Hybrids (except for the 08 year) have neither less or more issues than the regular trucks.

Can you elaborate on the '08 models? Links or personal knowledge?

Thanks!

imi4tth3w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
honestly, i don't see hybrids as being a bad thing at all, but unfortunately, i do not see the future being a bunch of battery powered cars. too many cons to the pros. its a decent system now, but in its infant stage it is very costly. this doesn't allow you to reap the benefits near as much. they really are a status thing. if you buy one to save gas money, you won't save a dime because of the added cost of the hybrid and the cost to replace the batteries once you even get close to braking even. buy one to help the environment? wrong again. these batteries have to do journeys on HUGE oil guzzling tankers across multiple continents with many limited resources mined out of the earth to be created. all in all the creation of the batteries does more damage to the environment than any diesel truck will do in its lifetime 10x over. we need to find a better direction, and start heading there quick.

there are so many other optional sources of energy not being taken seriously its really quite frustrating. but i'm willing to bet hydrogen will be the next fuel source. it is also the most abundant element on the planet. just takes some refining to get it in its pure form. nothing different than today's gasoline. will be perfected with time.

CYKBC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I won't add to the efficiency debate here, but after having put on a good 300 miles on one now, there's no way I'd ever go back to regular gas versions.

-Much smoother, quieter
-More powerful
-Gets better mpg
-Looks much better than base
-Cool

Just my humble opinion!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork