2012 Chevy Tahoe Hybrid problems . . . no, it can't be, can it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StevenFromTexas

Mr. Negative
Reaction score
Not that I would ever buy one, because just on the face of it, a hybrid anything is going to be two sources of trouble and two sources of repair bills. Today while getting a work vehicle towed, I asked the tow truck driver what he thought about hybrids. Without even mentioning a brand, he started laughing and said he had already towed in two 2012 Chevy Tahoe hybrids this week. And it's only Wednesday. :eek:

Rockytfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You seem to be insinuating that hybrids are un-reliable and full of problems. I'm not trying to be confrontational here, just realistic - I'm not sure that a single tow-truck driver's experience could be used to support those claims. In fact, many hybrids do not have problems. I own a hybrid yukon and I know many people that love their hybrids (including prius').

In fact, I find it interesting that you yourself were in a tow truck getting a work vehicle towed. (I know I know, not a hybrid, and not your own vehicle). It's just funny and ironic.

OP
OP
StevenFromTexas

StevenFromTexas

Mr. Negative
Reaction score
I find it interesting that you yourself were in a tow truck getting a work vehicle towed. (I know I know, not a hybrid, and not your own vehicle). It's just funny and ironic.

Yeah, the Chevy work truck has 187,000 miles on it, and I think the second fuel pump in three weeks went out on it. I always wait until I'm almost out of gas before I refill it. I'll see if I can destroy another fuel pump within the next month. I get towed a lot. :evillol:

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Lol but yea i dont really like hybrids.... Yall can have em ill keep my 5.7 2dr:)

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol, thinking hybrids are unreliable because a tow truck driver said so. Seems like an intelligent conclusion...

I'll be honest with you. Being an ACTUAL technician, I can tell you how many hybrids I have personally fixed because they are unreliable. NONE. Every single vehicle produced is going to have some issues. That does not make certain one "unreliable". Get your facts straight before you try and sound like you know everything.

You don't know what those two were even towed in for. Could have both been a flat tire or something.

Last edited:

redaddiction

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the Chevy work truck has 187,000 miles on it, and I think the second fuel pump in three weeks went out on it. I always wait until I'm almost out of gas before I refill it. I'll see if I can destroy another fuel pump within the next month. I get towed a lot. :evillol:

Not sure why you are so proud of this since it would be cheaper to fill up more often than to replace that many fuel pumps and pay towing bills.

CYKBC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what is the real story about the hybrid models? Reliable? Which years are more desirable?

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the wrong thread to ask this as SFT is just trolling ... you'll find all the info you need here: http://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/f69/ including feedback from engineers who worked on these trucks. I'm registered as HyHoe over there. Long story short, the Hybrids (except for the 08 year) have neither less or more issues than the regular trucks.

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
Why do the mods continue to let you on this forum? If this were any other forum you would be banned for trolling. All you ever do is log on to talk trash. Hell, I don't even own a Tahoe anymore and I'm far more beneficial to this forum than you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts