2011 Tahoe front wheel bearing or brake issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trc54

Reaction score
I've been having this issue for about a month now. There is a noise coming from the front end of my tahoe. It definitely sounds like a rotating squeak which made me initially think it was a wheel bearing. The issue is it stops when the brakes are even touched. It's a loud but I'm not sure if it is the wear tab on the pads or if it's another issue.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been having this issue for about a month now. There is a noise coming from the front end of my tahoe. It definitely sounds like a rotating squeak which made me initially think it was a wheel bearing. The issue is it stops when the brakes are even touched. It's a loud but I'm not sure if it is the wear tab on the pads or if it's another issue.
from my experience that is usually the pad wear tab, you can take the wheels off and use a flashlight and do a visual inspection to rule that in or out

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be a sticking caliper. I noticed the other day that ACDelco now has these spring clips that help hold the pads open. Well, I never noticed them before and mine certainly doesn't have them but will soon when we do the front brakes soon.

Squeaking is usually brake related. Groans are usually hub related. Ohh, you know what else might cause that noise, loose wheels! Check the torque on your lug nuts, 140 each.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019