2011 Tahoe...Clear fluid leak behind passenger side front tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

Glancing43

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, I decided to take it to my trusty mechanic. Turned out to be a bad oil cooler gasket. They also replaced spark plug 7 that has some oil on it along with replacing the oil filter.

They also noticed differential fluid was low, topped that off and added a quart of oil.

So that’s the verdict. All turned out to be $220. Arrived back home, no smoke or smell. Hopefully that takes care of it.

Appreciate the suggestions.

jz57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds more like transmission oil cooler line, since oil cooler line is on driver-side.

Well, I decided to take it to my trusty mechanic. Turned out to be a bad oil cooler gasket. ...... Arrived back home, no smoke or smell. Hopefully that takes care of it.

Appreciate the suggestions.

OP
OP
G

Glancing43

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sounds more like transmission oil cooler line, since oil cooler line is on driver-side.
Not sure. The invoice said oil cooler gasket and the problem seems to be resolved. Drove it around a lot last night, all symptoms are gone.

He said something about oil getting thrown around to different places. After they cleaned it up and drove it some, no more to be seen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10