2011 tahoe ac does not switch vents & temperature

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mgtarboush

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Tahoe LTZ with 135k
The ac unit does not switch to cold and is allways on hot, after a 15 minute drive it will start to blow hot air to the windshield and the legs even if the ac is off, i cant change the temperature and cant change the air direction even the screen shows its changed, the ac button when pressed it lights for a secret and turns off!!
Bought a used ac control screen and had the same problem,
The rear ac works fine it switches cold to hot and no problem with it.
any suggestions
Thanks

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally help you with your question; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me will chime in.

@swathdiver may be able to give you some troubleshooting suggestions.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Tahoe LTZ with 135k
The ac unit does not switch to cold and is allways on hot, after a 15 minute drive it will start to blow hot air to the windshield and the legs even if the ac is off, i cant change the temperature and cant change the air direction even the screen shows its changed, the ac button when pressed it lights for a secret and turns off!!
Bought a used ac control screen and had the same problem,
The rear ac works fine it switches cold to hot and no problem with it.
any suggestions
Thanks
Seems to me that your mode actuator is the likely culprit. I "think" the used controller can work without programming as new ones certainly need programming to work in your vehicle.

There's also a possibility that the actual recirculate door is either broken or the foam is no longer sealing allowing hot air in which in turn allows hot air into the system. You can pull the passenger airbag and look down to see if it's working correctly.