2011 Suburban LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pyramid_Head

Reaction score
Bought my used 2011 Chevy Suburban LT 1500 rwd with 112k miles last September when prices in CA were low (now at 115k). So far changed spark plugs, engine oil and filter change, transmission oil change with new filter, rear end fluid change, coolant flush, brake fluid change, replaced all 4 disc brakes and pads (oem... ouch), new wiper blades.

My next repairs are going to be replacing shocks for bilsteins 4600s, new strut tower mounts, Hellwig front and rear sway bars, new end links, and what ever else is giving up on the suspension (hopefully LT models did not come with the air ride system).

My plan is to keep it stock height, but to eliminate as much body roll as i can. I heard bump stops help out as well. Gotta look into that also...., maybe buy a stiffer spring ?

So many options, so little time. I'm also fixing up a 1992 Chevy Camaro z28, so you could just imagine the money i'm investing in these vehicles!

This is an awesome site!

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought my used 2011 Chevy Suburban LT 1500 rwd with 112k miles last September when prices in CA were low (now at 115k). So far changed spark plugs, engine oil and filter change, transmission oil change with new filter, rear end fluid change, coolant flush, brake fluid change, replaced all 4 disc brakes and pads (oem... ouch), new wiper blades.

My next repairs are going to be replacing shocks for bilsteins 4600s, new strut tower mounts, Hellwig front and rear sway bars, new end links, and what ever else is giving up on the suspension (hopefully LT models did not come with the air ride system).

My plan is to keep it stock height, but to eliminate as much body roll as i can. I heard bump stops help out as well. Gotta look into that also...., maybe buy a stiffer spring ?

So many options, so little time. I'm also fixing up a 1992 Chevy Camaro z28, so you could just imagine the money i'm investing in these vehicles!

This is an awesome site!
Welcome! In your glovebox is the RPO sheet. If yours has the code Z55, it has the air ride shocks and compressor out back. If it says ZW7, you are golden, plain jane suspension. The front jounce bumpers are in the strut assembly.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rpo sheet is missing in the glove box ...
Someone actually peeled the sticker off the door of the glove box? WOW....

Welcome from Texas...

I loved my 2012 Burb I had... You should be able to run your vin and check out the installed options...

LT probably had the zw7 on it if I was to guess...

If your shocks have a wire connection or an air line going into the side of the upper part, then you have Mag or Air ride... Both not bad systems, just takes a bit to bypass.

OP
OP
P

Pyramid_Head

Reaction score
Thank you! Just called my local chevy dealership. They emailed me the sheet, plus offered me to special order the oem rpo sticker to have on my glove box. I have a zw7 suspension. Yess!!!!

I also checked underneath Bigkev, and no wire!

OP
OP
P

Pyramid_Head

Reaction score
Thank u! Hate commiefornia dictatorship, but i am still going Burb my way through these streets! It's astonishing how some people driving teslas and priuses see me in disgust. Wife and i went dining close to Hellywood, and found a note that read "get rid of your toxic truck". Also, in my first week of owning my burb, someone purposely dented the front passenger door. Libtards

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Thank u! Hate commiefornia dictatorship, but i am still going Burb my way through these streets! It's astonishing how some people driving teslas and priuses see me in disgust. Wife and i went dining close to Hellywood, and found a note that read "get rid of your toxic truck". Also, in my first week of owning my burb, someone purposely dented the front passenger door. Libtards
My cousin, in Paradise, Ca. and myself are moving to Mo. soon because of things like you experienced and then some. She is living with rolling blackouts now. Oregon is just as bad.

OP
OP
P

Pyramid_Head

Reaction score
Yup. Hate rolling black-outs. They're a scam. They expect to switch everyone to full electric vehicles and ban gas powered cars by 2029, yet they cannot even provide electricity to their own citizens here in CA. Gotta get rid of these communist dictators!