2011 PPV purchased!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

awdriscol4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2011 PPV Tahoe and have a few questions regarding disabled features. I'm hoping there are ways to re-activate these, but if not then I will live, as they are all comfort features anyway:

1. Auto Lights - can this feature be re-activated? As it is now, the headlight switch only acts as an "on-off" switch and placing it in "auto" only turns the lights off.
2. MP-600 features - the Tahoe has the MP-600 head unit, but most of the features do not work. I've tried resetting and updating the head unit using the menu, but it has not helped. Mainly I would like the phone mirror feature to work. Currently I can use Bluetooth to connect my phone, so I do have the ability to make calls and listen to music from the phone.
3. Steering Wheel - the steering wheel is pretty worn, and does not have the wheel mounted radio controls. If I purchase a used wheel with the radio controls can they be connected? Is it as simple as connecting the unit, or would it involve more complex wiring?
4. Fog Lights - the Tahoe has factory fog lights, and it appears that all the wiring in the engine bay is there. However, the light & dimmer switch is the style without a fog light activation button. If I simply replace the unit with one that has the fog light button, will the fog lights then be active? Seems weird that the lights and wiring are there, but no fog light activation switch.
5. DRL - the daytime running lights do not work. I tried adding new bulbs, but it appears that they are disconnected somewhere. Anyone have any experience re-activating the DRLs. Is there a plug I can reconnect, or is it more involved?

I'm sure there is more, but that's all I can think of for now.

I couldn't be any happier with my purchase!!

Thank in advance for the help!!

-Alfred

Last edited:

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My assumption for 1 and 5 is simply the function is toggled off in the bcm. I’d like to toggle the DLRs off in one of mine. They are off in the other.

for the wheel, I believe you also need a new clock spring to go with the switches. I’m not sure if anything else is involved.

OP
OP
A

awdriscol4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you, what tool do you use for the BCM programming? There are so many out there, does it matter? Or are there some that are better than others?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Def should get a DIC (Driver Information Center) switch. It just plugs right in, and it'll show you information such as engine hours etc.

bigbird90650

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Def should get a DIC (Driver Information Center) switch. It just plugs right in, and it'll show you information such as engine hours etc.
Do you also have to get a new dash piece or do you simply cut a hole for the DIC switch? Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep