2011 escalade seats in 2007 yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chunk431

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone installed 2011 escalade cooled seats in a 2007 tahoe/yukon LTZ/SLT? Or something around those years?

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I was going to do the swap when I got my Cadillac interior
I ended up using the cluster and shifter but left the dash because I liked the ltz dash better
Left the console also liked our style better
Plastics front to rear are direct fit
seats are plug and play from what I seen
Seats were to ripped to use sadly I should’ve got them and recovered them but couldn’t get them loaded up/moved around (broken foot) so i got what I could handle
I believe you have to add the fuse or relay in the fuse box when you add them along with adding the button for them

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Hey Chunk, welcome.

A couple of things. Only 2nd & 3rd row seats from the same wheel base are interchangeable. This means you can not put 2nd & 3rd row seats from a Yukon XL into a standard Yukon. Same sitch for no interchangeably between a Tahoe and its longer sibling the Suburban.

Otherwise, yes, the 2nd and 3rd row can be swapped between the same wheelbase. Keep in mind this is sliding them in and bolting them up, not the wiring.

The front seats can be swapped or slid in between 07-14 trucks across the board but … the 11-14 seats have their airbags in the seats, be careful!

07-10 Escalade and 09/10 Tahoe, Yukon & Burb seats (if equipped) have a TED that both heats AND cools them with warmed or refrigerated air created inside the seat.

All 11-14 seats are vented by a fan and heated with traditional wire heating elements.

The wiring between years will and can vary as well as the harnesses. If you have an 07 Yukon, try to use the heated / cooled seats from an 07 Escalade for ease of wiring. Next you’ll need something called a VX Nano installed into a Windows 7 laptop to program and diagnose.

I’m not sure what trim level you have, but the higher your trim level, like LTZ or Denali, the happier the truck will be with upscale swaps like this. 3 years ago I would of said buy a different vehicle with those features installed. That’s what I did. Now with the above link with someone completing the challenge and YouTube’s on how to install VXnano into a laptop and reflash or swap modules, I’d say do the swap if the price is right.

OP
OP
C

Chunk431

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was going to do the swap when I got my Cadillac interior
I ended up using the cluster and shifter but left the dash because I liked the ltz dash better
Left the console also liked our style better
Plastics front to rear are direct fit
seats are plug and play from what I seen
Seats were to ripped to use sadly I should’ve got them and recovered them but couldn’t get them loaded up/moved around (broken foot) so i got what I could handle
I believe you have to add the fuse or relay in the fuse box when you add them along with adding the button for them
I did all that. It seems very complicated because you have to also reprogram the body control module and who knows what else

OP
OP
C

Chunk431

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Chunk, welcome.

A couple of things. Only 2nd & 3rd row seats from the same wheel base are interchangeable. This means you can not put 2nd & 3rd row seats from a Yukon XL into a standard Yukon. Same sitch for no interchangeably between a Tahoe and its longer sibling the Suburban.

Otherwise, yes, the 2nd and 3rd row can be swapped between the same wheelbase. Keep in mind this is sliding them in and bolting them up, not the wiring.

The front seats can be swapped or slid in between 07-14 trucks across the board but … the 11-14 seats have their airbags in the seats, be careful!

07-10 Escalade and 09/10 Tahoe, Yukon & Burb seats (if equipped) have a TED that both heats AND cools them with warmed or refrigerated air created inside the seat.

All 11-14 seats are vented by a fan and heated with traditional wire heating elements.

The wiring between years will and can vary as well as the harnesses. If you have an 07 Yukon, try to use the heated / cooled seats from an 07 Escalade for ease of wiring. Next you’ll need something called a VX Nano installed into a Windows 7 laptop to program and diagnose.

I’m not sure what trim level you have, but the higher your trim level, like LTZ or Denali, the happier the truck will be with upscale swaps like this. 3 years ago I would of said buy a different vehicle with those features installed. That’s what I did. Now with the above link with someone completing the challenge and YouTube’s on how to install VXnano into a laptop and reflash or swap modules, I’d say do the swap if the price is right.
I'm scared to buy the VX nano. They are riddled with malware. So I'm going to have to buy a cheap laptop with windows 7. I have no choice. I have the SLT model which is very similar to the LTZ.

I'm going to do the swap as you said first. Then if it doesn't work I'll buy the nano and a cheap laptop and try and reprogram the used BCM

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
You’ll probably want this while it’s on sale. It’s got my Tech2 from them and slated to get this because some punks cleaned out my truck last year.

738ED09A-653C-4918-A2A1-74058309B0A4.jpeg

OP
OP
C

Chunk431

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are all
You’ll probably want this while it’s on sale. It’s got my Tech2 from them and slated to get this because some punks cleaned out my truck last year.

View attachment 390686
Are all of these wifi? Are any of them using an ethernet landline? I looked and it seems they are all wifi only. I'm trying to limit and or contain the malware that's installed in all of these products made over there

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are all

Are all of these wifi? Are any of them using an ethernet landline? I looked and it seems they are all wifi only. I'm trying to limit and or contain the malware that's installed in all of these products made over there
My Lenovo T510 that I use for tech2win has an Ethernet port, too, but I use Wi-Fi. Put it on my IoT SSID that is on a separate locked down VLAN.

You’d still have to segregate it even if hardwired. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14