2010 Yukon SLT Soft Suspension help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pdqwrx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, I have a 2010 Yukon SLT (My wifes truck) that I am very disappointed with the suspension softness.

Some general info- It's got 160,000 miles on it and I have replaced all the wearables up front and replaced all 4 shocks with Bilstein 5100's and used them to level the front. I have replaced the front sway bar bushings/endlinks, front control arms upper and lower (I know that these parts generally don't effect ride harshness but included them as an FYI). I have also upgraded the wheels and tires to a stiffer sidewall. See Pic

My issue is that it drives like a lazy pig... I also have a 2002 Yukon with 220,00 miles on the clock that I prefer to drive because it's not as soft.

I have done some searching on this forum but didn't see much. Am I the only one who has this issue?

After reading some threads perhaps the cop suspension might be an option. I don't really want to raise it any more.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Scott

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have a 2010 Yukon SLT (My wifes truck) that I am very disappointed with the suspension softness.

Some general info- It's got 160,000 miles on it and I have replaced all the wearables up front and replaced all 4 shocks with Bilstein 5100's and used them to level the front. I have replaced the front sway bar bushings/endlinks, front control arms upper and lower (I know that these parts generally don't effect ride harshness but included them as an FYI). I have also upgraded the wheels and tires to a stiffer sidewall. See Pic

My issue is that it drives like a lazy pig... I also have a 2002 Yukon with 220,00 miles on the clock that I prefer to drive because it's not as soft.

I have done some searching on this forum but didn't see much. Am I the only one who has this issue?

After reading some threads perhaps the cop suspension might be an option. I don't really want to raise it any more.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Scott

Howdy Scott. What are the RPO codes for the suspension? Does it have G65, G69, ZW7, Z55, XFE?

What size wheels and what size and brand of tires?

OP
OP
pdqwrx

pdqwrx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I will have to look at the RPO code tonight when the wife gets home....

As for tires, I stayed with the stock 20" 275/55-20 Good Year Wrangler (Trailrunner AT's I think).

When I bought the truck it had factory 20" chrome wheels that weighed a ton and some super soft walmart tire.

I will update with the RPO code shortly

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts