2010 Denali remote start question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LuSe4

Bleen Member
Reaction score
My boss has a 2010 Yukon Denali XL. He remote starts it, but when he slides his key in the ignition the truck turns off. He then has to manually start it.

Is this the way they all work?

My last GM car with factory remote start was my 2006 Monte Carlo SS. After remote starting, you would just put the key in and turn to run and then be on your way. It would stay running. You could also remote start it with the car running and then take the key out of the ignition and it would stay running. Thoughts?

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe the truck does not recognize the keep properly. Should keep run though. All the loaners I had did.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
should stay running if it's an OEM remote start.

OP
OP
L

LuSe4

Bleen Member
Reaction score
LOL, we just ran out and tried it and it works fine. He never told me that he always hit the brake before putting in the key and turning it to run! I got him straightened out. What would he do without me?
Thanks guys!

Richi5280

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My f-150 use to start and would stay on when I put the key in. One day it stopped working so I took it to the dealership and they reprogrammed it and now it turns off every time I put the key in. So I took it back and told them. They said that's the way they program them at that specific dealership.. really irritates me to be honest. But oh well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n