200K and counting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SRQYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm the original owner of a 2003 Yukon XL and I couldn't be happier with my truck. Just clicked over 200K and she still runs strong. I just did a mild refresh of the exterior with new 22" snowflake wheels painted Eastwood platinum gray metallic, deleted the roof rack and painted the roof, hood and color-matched the rear bumper (thinking of doing the front), and color-matched the grille logo. I replaced the driver leather seat cover on the interior. Just need new carpet and audio upgrades to complete the interior. If anyone is think of owning a Yukon, you'll be happy to know that after 16 years I'm still completely satisfied.
IMG_5323 - Copy.JPG

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great. That’s the beauty of owning a good rig for a long time. You get to fix up areas and still have no car payment. Little things like seat cover make getting in it everyday a lot nicer.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front bumper AND grill. Then its the headlights to get rid of the orange lens. Its not an if...

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good looking truck! I’m 4 years into owning a Yukon xl and I love mine as well. Good to know my 125k truck still has lots of life left in it! Haha.

OP
OP
SRQYukon

SRQYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're right adriver. Front bumper, grille and headlights are next on the list.

OP
OP
SRQYukon

SRQYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're right. Having no payments for the past ten years has spoiled me. I have used this as my work truck all along and it tows an enclosed 2-ton trailer on a daily basis and a travel trailer a few times a year. I had to replace the rear diff at 180K and just replaced the trans at 195K. Not too bad, though, considering heavy use. The engine has had Mobil One every 6000 mile since the first oil change, so no signs of trouble and I don't expect any for another 100K

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
SRQ...... I knew my old '88 truck like the back of my hand... A secure feeling....

Buying this '05 XL last year, .....I was nervous for a while.... But heck..... It's seems 'perfect condition'...... I feel confident owning it now.

I am glad I keep hearing all the good reports about my Yukon...

BTW...... I live 20 min , north of you...

( You are doing good! )..... " 7 posts & 7 likes "..... You must have a sense of humor. :gay:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu