2009 Yukon SLT XFE ride rough, body mounts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olliec420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick back story, I bought this new in 09. Traded in 11. Another local businessman bought it and had it for 10 years. I told him I wanted it back when he was done with it. I bought it back in 21. Unfortunately his hunting camp was down some washboard clay road and beat the shit out of it but thats ok because I'm slowly restoring it. But the ride seems rough, too rough. Even on slightly shity pavement I don't like it.

I have replaced front struts, rear springs, sway bar bushings and links, rear shocks, new tires, tie rod ends. I haven't done any control arm bushings because the ball joints are all good right now but I really don't think that's it. I think its the body mount bushings are shot from the age and wear. This XFE was more of a street car and the terrain he drove on plus street suspensions mighta done a number on them. Has any one changed them and how was your results?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick back story, I bought this new in 09. Traded in 11. Another local businessman bought it and had it for 10 years. I told him I wanted it back when he was done with it. I bought it back in 21. Unfortunately his hunting camp was down some washboard clay road and beat the shit out of it but thats ok because I'm slowly restoring it. But the ride seems rough, too rough. Even on slightly shity pavement I don't like it.

I have replaced front struts, rear springs, sway bar bushings and links, rear shocks, new tires, tie rod ends. I haven't done any control arm bushings because the ball joints are all good right now but I really don't think that's it. I think its the body mount bushings are shot from the age and wear. This XFE was more of a street car and the terrain he drove on plus street suspensions mighta done a number on them. Has any one changed them and how was your results?
What brand shocks, struts and springs did you use? What size and brand of tires? If she's passed 150K it's very likely the ball joints are shot as maximum play is only 1/2 a millimeter.

The rubber on my truck's body mounts has shrunk some. I looked into replacing them, it would be an expensive project and I have other priorities right now. I did rebuild the front and rear suspension and steering and she rides smooth out on the highway.

OP
OP
olliec420

olliec420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doing everything OEM on this one. Except a couple suspension parts are moog. Tires are cooper, size I would have to go look. I mean I can do the front and rear control arms and their bushings. Has 171k.

I watched a video and it didn't look bad at all except for the front most two. Unbolt, two 4x4s on a floor jack and raise cab just enough to get them out. According to YT video.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What brand shocks, struts and springs did you use? What size and brand of tires? If she's passed 150K it's very likely the ball joints are shot as maximum play is only 1/2 a millimeter.

The rubber on my truck's body mounts has shrunk some. I looked into replacing them, it would be an expensive project and I have other priorities right now. I did rebuild the front and rear suspension and steering and she rides smooth out on the highway.
the XFE as a pretty good suspension over all I had a tahoe Xfe it had a nice firm smooth ride (had to return due to car title issues) :( ...

OP
OP
olliec420

olliec420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the XFE as a pretty good suspension over all I had a tahoe Xfe it had a nice firm smooth ride (had to return due to car title issues) :( ...
I know it and I'm trying to get it back to that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues