2009 Tahoe: Bluetooth Bypass question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hls811

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm trying to resolve an issue for my boss and his '09 Tahoe.. the truck has the built in bluetooth and he has a blackberry storm 2. For whatever reason he doesn't want to use the built in bluetooth as his dialer/address book (I think theres a limit to the # of contacts and he exceeds that) - he wants to use the Blackberry, but have the audio played through the bluetooth. The problem is, if he says "call home" - the trucks bluetooth is taking over and not finding a number (because there aren't any) - it doesn't allow the phone to take over. Everything seems set up properly, he can manually dial from the phone and have it work over BT, its just when he tries to voice dial the car takes presedence over the phone.

Just as an aside, we also tried it with my Android phone, and the same thing happens, so I don't think its the phone, its something within the truck/Bluetooth setup that doesn't let the phone(s) take control.. Any ideas??

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't think it'll let him do that because of the way it's set up. And you can't necessarily hack the OnStar Bluetooth module easily and set it up as you'd like. He would probably need to just use the truck's address book or buy an aftermarket kit that allows him to do what he wants...although it would be silly because he'd have 2 Bluetooth setups.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use the voice dial feature on the storm. I know with my iphone it'll play the phone's prompt through the car's speakers and works fine.

jzeisler

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
BT voice dialing

On my 2009 Yukon Denali, you can pass the voice commands through to the phone. I don't recall specifics, but if you prompt through the voice command bluetooth > bluetooth help it will explain how. Works great with my iPhone voice commands for dialing, music, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaptainkhaos58