2009 Escalade with 2010 Mirror?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
I have to replace my drivers side mirror and I was wondering if I can order a 2010 mirror with the smaller led turn signal and blind side alert. Will that work, I have to order the entire mirror housing and all. If I can't get the blind side zone to work will the smaller led turn signal at least work? Zach didn't you do something like this? How or can I get the blind zone to work if it didn't come with it?

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
The dealer will program your Escalade to recognize the side blind zone alert feature, BUT, you have to have both mirror assemblies replaced. That includes the glass and housing, because the new mirror glass harness will not connect to the older housings, due to the fact it has more wires for the SBZA.

OP
OP
Denali132

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks Zach I am having the entire mirror housing, glass the whole entire mirror. Can I do just one at a time, I am doing the drivers side now and if I put the new one one with the old one on the passenger side the blind zone won't work until I replace both? The turn signal will work though right?

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

Do you have the part number I would need for the new Esky mirror and blind zone? I'm not sure which I need I looked but there were several.
Thanks Zach

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
The turn signal will work, the SBZA will have to wait until you get both housings replaced.

As far as part numbers go I have none. Check eBay and car-part.com.

OP
OP
Denali132

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
Zach this is what they say on the Cadillac forum does this sound right? I have never seen sensors on the side or rear bumper. Yours work with just swapping the mirrors?

Re: Can the 2010/2011 Side Mirrors with Side Vehicle Warning be retrofitted to an 08
The mirrors are only a small part of the Side Blind Zone Alert (SBZA) system. There are sensors located in the left & right corners of the rear bumper, associated wiring, & a "brain" somewhere. If you subscribe to the "anything's possible" theory, it might be feasible to retrofit. But, I have a sneaking hunch you're looking at a major project.

Read more at http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...011-side-mirrors-side.html?ktrack=kcplinkRead more at http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...10-2011-side-mirrors-side.html?ktrack=kcplink

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
You need to also install those sensors, yes, but the dealer can program your truck for the feature with just the mirrors installed. However it won't work correctly until you get all necessary parts.

OP
OP
Denali132

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
do you have just the mirrors or do you have the sensors to? Does it work ok with just the mirrors? And when the dealer programs it does it show up in your DIC?
Thanks

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
The option shows up but it doesn't work until you have the sensors. The mirrors are only serving as the notification system.

Basically the sensors work like always-on reverse sensors. They are costly though, at $460 each without the brackets and such.

Last edited:

Aerocoupe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Guys,

I know this is an old thread but I cannot find an answer to a question I have so I am hoping it can be answered here. I have an 07 Escalade with the power fold no longer functioning on driver side. Painting a used one to match is no problem so I am looking at going the used route due to the insane $$$ the dealer wants. What years will physically bolt up to my 07? I want to get the newest used side mirror I can so the wear and tear will be lower. I am going to replace both and my current ones have the puddle lamps, turn signals, driver side auto dim, and I believe they are heated as well.

I do not care about the SBZA so I am just looking to keep the options my current mirrors have at a minimum.

Thanks,

Darren

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
07-14 will work. If you get one with the newer glass, you can just swap it out for your old glass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AEHaas