2007 Yukon - Z7W Strut Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2Cool2Fool

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought a zero rust, 170K 2007 Yukon SLT in June. I've fixed a number of usual suspects (new tires and wheels, motor mounts, torn seat, broken exhaust manifold bolts, etc.) - but what was bugging the hell out of my was the hard ride. In reading this forum, I determined that the most likely cause of the hard ride were the front struts and rear shocks.

My suspension code is ZW7 - so after shopping around, I purchased two of each of the following parts from Rock Auto:

- Front Strut assembly - ACDELCO 903040RS $104.00 ea.
- Stabilizer Bar End Link Kit - ULTRA-POWER K700538 $ 4.73 ea.
- Stabilizer Bar Bushing - ACDELCO 45G1673 $ 4.66 ea.

Drivers side took about 2 1/2 hours to install. The passenger side took about an hour less. (For less than $5 per side - you're crazy not to buy and replace the stabilizer bar end links. The stock links suck.)

The truck rides like a brand new vehicle. The 'hard ride' problem is solved! Since the rear shock are not leaking - I have no plans to replace them now.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a zero rust, 170K 2007 Yukon SLT in June. I've fixed a number of usual suspects (new tires and wheels, motor mounts, torn seat, broken exhaust manifold bolts, etc.) - but what was bugging the hell out of my was the hard ride. In reading this forum, I determined that the most likely cause of the hard ride were the front struts and rear shocks.

My suspension code is ZW7 - so after shopping around, I purchased two of each of the following parts from Rock Auto:

- Front Strut assembly - ACDELCO 903040RS $104.00 ea.
- Stabilizer Bar End Link Kit - ULTRA-POWER K700538 $ 4.73 ea.
- Stabilizer Bar Bushing - ACDELCO 45G1673 $ 4.66 ea.

Drivers side took about 2 1/2 hours to install. The passenger side took about an hour less. (For less than $5 per side - you're crazy not to buy and replace the stabilizer bar end links. The stock links suck.)

The truck rides like a brand new vehicle. The 'hard ride' problem is solved! Since the rear shock are not leaking - I have no plans to replace them now.
Please let us know how long those strut assemblies work, people say they don't last all that long and more real world experience would be appreciated!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345