2007 Tahoe Loose Steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

n5yzv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Before I take my 4x4 to the shop, I was curious if there an aftermarket rack and pinion that had steering dampeners on them. I have slightly larger wheels, but nothing crazy. Just have a leveling kit on it. I noticed it wondering the road a bit too much, discovered a bad wheel bearing and slop in the rack. My last vehicle was a full size doge dually, which just went in the direction I pointed it with very little correction.
This tahoe I've have to correct it's steering every second it is in motion. Thanks for the suggestions.

WildBill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depending on you mileage, you may have some other worn ball joints or end links. I haven't looked, but I've not seen dampers for rack and pinion steering. Also, wider tires tend to follow the road dips more.

jlee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Before I take my 4x4 to the shop, I was curious if there an aftermarket rack and pinion that had steering dampeners on them. I have slightly larger wheels, but nothing crazy. Just have a leveling kit on it. I noticed it wondering the road a bit too much, discovered a bad wheel bearing and slop in the rack. My last vehicle was a full size doge dually, which just went in the direction I pointed it with very little correction.
This tahoe I've have to correct it's steering every second it is in motion. Thanks for the suggestions.
I just did this to mine as I was constantly going side to side on the wheel. Only did the big bushing. Between this and an alignment, I track straight without any extra motion. I did notice some leaking inside my boot though, so a reman rack may be in store next time it needs done.

http://www.brakeandfrontend.com/gm-simple-steering-noise-fix/

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Arm-Bushing-...rentrq:b018ac731640aa66e7bd3ff1fff8a473|iid:1

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2009 Hybrid with Electric steering that has a bad big bushing on the passenger side and I cannot find a replacement. Actually ordered one for a NonHybrid hydraulic rack GM part #22960484 The rack body Od dimensuons are the same but the Hybrid rack uses a support bracket and bushing that is approx 1/2" wider. The Hybrid OEM bushing had a part number moulded into it NR+BR-0-S4532-B7010-A After an extensive internet search no results. That FEBEST site is WRONG in listing the kit to fit a hybrid with electric steering theie bushing in the kit DOES NOT FIT a Hybrid with electric steering rack. I have contaced a steering rack remnaufacture company to see if they would sell me a bushing only. This is BS lol.
I reasssembled and used some .020 brass shim stock between the old bushing and the support block to tighten it up a bit. Should be good for several thousand miles maybe or until i can find a replacement bushing that fits.
IMG_7676.jpg IMG_7677.jpg IMG_7678.jpg IMG_7679.jpg IMG_7680.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh