2007 GMC Yukon XL 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
.... and I'm close enough to help in a pinch (though I barely have time to work on my own these days, still have spark plugs and diff fluids on my work bench waiting to go in :Insane:)

And you only need one set of jack stands and a floor jack to do them both at the same time!

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I taught my daughter how to change the master cylinder on our other vehicle and she was amazed that the going rate to replace it was over $300 and SHE did it herself in less than an hour.

I firmly believe in teaching my kids how to work on cars. My two oldest sons and my daughter (11-15 yrs old) have all helped me work on cars and have a basic understanding of how to change oil, replace struts and shocks, and work on brakes, among other things. Figure even if they don’t like doing it themselves (my 11yr old daughter has more interest than my sons), they will be better equipped to understand what a problem might be and if a shop is blowing smoke.

OP
OP
Nap73

Nap73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out Sabo Automotive in Hamilton. Good friends of mine, we actually worked at the same shop for a long time before I went on to a desk job, and they started their own shop.

And if you're interested in trying to do some of this yourself, we can walk you through most of it..... and I'm close enough to help in a pinch (though I barely have time to work on my own these days, still have spark plugs and diff fluids on my work bench waiting to go in :Insane:)

Thanks Brother the advice/help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I firmly believe in teaching my kids how to work on cars. My two oldest sons and my daughter (11-15 yrs old) have all helped me work on cars and have a basic understanding of how to change oil, replace struts and shocks, and work on brakes, among other things. Figure even if they don’t like doing it themselves (my 11yr old daughter has more interest than my sons), they will be better equipped to understand what a problem might be and if a shop is blowing smoke.

My sentiments exactly! I'd love to do an engine with them someday but we're going to be down to 1 kid soon as they're growing up too fast!

I dont need jack stands or a floor jack for mine anymore LOL.

I know, hence my post! LOL

Matt_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My sentiments exactly! I'd love to do an engine with them someday but we're going to be down to 1 kid soon as they're growing up too fast!

Add another to the list. My son has been helping me since he could walk. Only 9 year old and he might buy a project jeep that he can work on over the next 6-7 years to have when he gets his license. His 3 younger sisters are as interested as he is in helping me work in the shop.

Such a worthwhile threadjack btw :happy175::happy107:

2019-05-27 14.12.51.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157