2007 4WD for 12k Buy or not? 115K LT1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill D

Reaction score
You did a very thorough assessment of this Shtbox. I found when shopping for my truck that it really takes a few hours to view a vehicle, drive it, inspect it on the ground , up on a hoist , then dickering with the sales person on a price. I don't have the time for multiple trips, so I need to get it right the first time.

One thing I would recommend so you don't waste time in the future is to move on to a different dealer and vehicle at the first sign of something fishy. Getting the right vehicle can be time consuming, and in my opinion its best to focus your time only on top notch prospects

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great job passing on that POS. I just bought an '07 LT3 4X4 for $10k with 148k miles on it... so better deals are out there. A little rough on the cosmetic side (dents, torn armrest, dirty carpets), but mechanically it was maintained very well (obvious my the Amsoil stickers and maintenance he had written down on the fuse box!).

I also get sickened by the stuff they use to clean the car, mine smelled like Clorox wipes big time. Takes a while to go away!

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You did a very thorough assessment of this Shtbox. I found when shopping for my truck that it really takes a few hours to view a vehicle, drive it, inspect it on the ground , up on a hoist , then dickering with the sales person on a price. I don't have the time for multiple trips, so I need to get it right the first time.

One thing I would recommend so you don't waste time in the future is to move on to a different dealer and vehicle at the first sign of something fishy. Getting the right vehicle can be time consuming, and in my opinion its best to focus your time only on top notch prospects
I started with the engine inspection then moved to the car interior inspection

the offset bumper and new foam prompted more very thorough inspection of the bumper area.

The powertrain and the interior are the most important parts..

the cosmetic repair was less then a 1/2 assed job if they are cutting corners like that what else did they cut corners on?
a good example is the
99 cent store electrical tape on the wires..

Yeah my grandpa was a mechanic.. so I learned a lot from him..

He was really good at what he did
he repaired industrial machines as well (he even out did an engineer that could not figure out how to fix one of the industrial machines after 3 day of the guy trying to figure out what was wrong he gave up and my grandpa fixed it in 5 min.. and got a bonus and many more )

Last edited:

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like between 40 and 50 million used vehicles change owners each year in the US. Not sure how many of those are Trucks/SUV's but it would be a safe bet to say it is a large percentage. So the market is huge, you just have to expand your search a bit and use some patience. I recently bought a 2009 Tahoe Hybrid one(family)owner with good service records and the vehicle is in excellent shape for $6,600.00 I like to utilize Edmunds to establish an average value. Edmunds is conservative and if you find a vehicle that is above average /super nice / one owner / little to no customizaton and has good service records you can adjust up. Worst thing to me is a vehicle that someone is the 2nd or 3rd owner of and baically unknown history and they have been doing major customization on it, that usually creates a big headache for the next owner and is something I am not going to pay extra for. On the one I just bought I would have much rather bought an All Stock Tahoe without the 3.5" lift / custom wheels / offroad Tires / Dark window tint / LED lighting etc. but the price was right and it does kind of look cool and the price was right and the price was right OH and did I say that the price was right? LOL
Deals abound if you are not in a hurry. Good Luck in your search. Note: I would not waste ANY time on a seller that is not receptive to Edmunds Used car value average pricing. Never going to get a deal done with them, just move on and let them keep dreaming. Some people have a hard time dealing with depreciation. Old vehicles are not assets, they are simply depreciating liabilities (except in the very rare case of a collector car/truck)

2009 Tahoe Hybrid.jpg IMG_6752.jpg

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where you at? I have a well maintained 07 LT z71 4x4 that I'm going to put up for sale. 111k, leather, sunroof, nav, backup camera, etc. in Texas. @BG1988

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where you at? I have a well maintained 07 LT z71 4x4 that I'm going to put up for sale. 111k, leather, sunroof, nav, backup camera, etc. in Texas. @BG1988
aorry its probably out my budget im in Los Angeles ca

Mrsteef

Reaction score
I had bought my 09 with 92xxxk for 16k had everything though LT with the sound package and captains chairs on the mid row. They can be had for less I’m sure but they’re out there

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
quick update i checked out the tahoe at the dealer. the engine is a real winner. not burning any oil. it was full and dirty. lol

duralast platinum AMG battery installed as well

i dont know about the trasmssion they were serving the suv
the fliud was full and not burnt.

the bad

has a cracked dash
the bumper has a scrape on it but the radator support pins are not damaged..
dirty inside but they just got it on the lot

cloth seats

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9