2006 2wd Tahoe Spindle Lift 315/70R17s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2Tahoes1969

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone, first post here but longtime viewer. I've been doing a lot of reading over the past couple of months trying to find good information on fitting 35s (315/70R17s) on the 2000-2006 Chevy Tahoe NBS? platform and a few different threads here were helpful, so thank you!

I wanted to make this post incase anyone else goes looking like I did for 35s on a Tahoe. I really like the "low center of gravity" look with lifted trucks so my goal was to fit the biggest tire I could with the least amount of lift as possible on my 2wd 2006 Tahoe while also retaining good ride quality.

Mods Include:
-CST (California Super Trucks) 4 inch Tahoe/Suburban lift spindle
-Zero torsion bar crank... (I actually lowered the front torsion bars about 0.5-1 inch so total front suspension lift is about 3.5 inches)
-1.5 inch rear coil spacers (I might put a 2 inch in there at some point to make it dead level)
-Tires: BFGoodrich All Terrain KO2s 315/70R17 Load Range C (Ford Raptor OEM spec tire)
-Wheels: Raceline Ryno 951MC Machined 17x8.5 0 offset 4.75 inch backspacing
-"Nor Cal" front fender mod
-Trimmed front bumper and front fender liners
-Zero trimming in rear fenders/liners

My Tahoe has a mere 275k miles on it with the 4.8 and 3.73 rearend gears. While it's not going to win any races, for around town driving it does better than I thought with the big tires. I'll look to regear in the future.

With ride quality in mind I specifically bought the Load Range C BFG 315/70R17 KO2s as I've had E rated tires on half-tons previously and am not a fan of the ride quality. I'm partial to BFGs and for 17 inch wheels basically every oversize option is E rated except for the OEM Ford Raptor 315 so that made the decision easy to just go 35s. Additionally, I chose to go the spindle lift route instead of keys as to maintain as close to stock ride quality as possible. The Tahoe drives great with the mods and I haven't experienced any rubbing with it around town after trimming / Nor Cal mod. Since the spindles push the front tires out a little there's increased scrub radius when turning the wheels which resulted in me having to trim a little more than if I had used the stock spindles and lifted with new keys. Regardless, I'm happy with the result and thought I'd share!
IMG_4294.JPGIMG_4296.JPGIMG_4297.JPG

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Good choices all around. There’s times I think about dropping mine a couple of inches for a lower COG, which appeals. But we do so much trail riding I probably won’t- the extra clearance makes clearing obstacles that much easier.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Nice looking rig!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts