2005 Yukon XL / WHERE TO MOUNT REAR DASH CAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK..... Even though I am pretty good at some stuff..... It would be NICE if anyone can submit a picture, where a rear window dash cam is mounted??? ( I don't want the camera to get hit if I need to slide something through the window)...
I just got my Street Guardian dual cam kit.
The issue is..... The mount piece is designed for a NON-MOVING rear window, and we all know our rear window lifts up away from the hatch !!
( Guardian's camera mount is pretty limited for unusual locations)

I prefer to mount the rear cam once !!

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am trying to send a couple photos from my android KYOCERA phone to my computer, but the "just installed" 'Google Photos' app is not allowing me. ( Google sucks).... I will try later when I disable the dumb app.

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The rear camera mount is designed to stick to surface ( glass).... The camera can rotate, but the mount is limited to 'direction' ( no left-right ). I think, the best location is on the ( standing at rear of Yukon), upper/right corner near the defrost wire attachment.
But other ideas are wanted.

KIMG2142.JPG KIMG2143.JPG

03greenZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
LSX Matt on YouTube just installed one like this on his Tahoe and he mounted it on the plastic trim by the top of the back window and pointed it slightly down. IMO it gave a good view. Watch his last video and go to the very end to see how it looked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts