2005 Yukon Denali Wheel Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at updating the stock 20" wheels on my 2005 Denali. I've found a nice set off of a 2014 GMC locally on Craigslist, and just wanted to confirm that they will work with my vehicle. I know they all have the same bolt pattern, but just wanted to make sure that the backspacing and width will still work.

I also wanted to know if the 2014 TPMS sensors will work. It seems like they are all using the same frequency, but I see when you order new sensors they are year specific and appear slightly different in shape. Is the year specific to the vehicle or the rim? If I needed to order 2005 TPMS sensors would they fit the valve stem hole and interior profile of the 2014 rim?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
mals

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wheels will work, TPMS will not sync. 2005 sensors will fit in 2014 wheels.
Thanks for the information and clear answers.

I think that this forum is going to be a great resource for my new to me Yukon.

DDenali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the gm trucks run 315 hz frequency. I wouldn't see an issue using the tpms sensors from the new truck with yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
mals

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the gm trucks run 315 hz frequency. I wouldn't see an issue using the tpms sensors from the new truck with yours.

That's what I initially thought after much research, but no official confirmation if it actually working. That's why I eventually asked the question here.

NathanJax was pretty specific in saying that despite the fact that they have the same frequency they will not sync.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia