2005 Yukon Denali Sunroof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...and now since your drip pan is gone you are just avoiding rain or parking with nose down?

Yep. Thankfully I've always been able to garage it, and my office building also has a parking garage. It seems that as long as I park nose down, I don't experience the water buildup issue. I've been dealing with this for almost a decade, and it's not a big deal so don't fret too much about it.

OP
OP

05yukondenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yep. Thankfully I've always been able to garage it, and my office building also has a parking garage. It seems that as long as I park nose down, I don't experience the water buildup issue. I've been dealing with this for almost a decade, and it's not a big deal so don't fret too much about it.
Thanks. Avoiding the rain and trying too park level or nose down has worked the past 3 months. Since it is also leaking straight down into the front seats when sitting, I am just going to silicone it shut. If it needs to come open again, I can just cut and scrape the silicone off. Thanks for the input

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, something occurred to me this week after I developed a small wet spot in my headliner over the cargo area immediately after getting my car washed.

I think it may actually be my aftermarket 3rd brake light that's letting water into the headliner area. My sunroof didn't leak at all (I had the sun shade all the way back while I was going through the tunnel) but there was still water getting in.

It makes sense - I've had the aftermarket brakelight for several years, and it would catch water running to the rear of the car based on my assessment of the gasket yesterday. This very well could be your problem, not the sunroof.

FYI in case you want to check it out...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins