2005 Tahoe LT HVAC Mode door actuator.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TontoFAC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have replaced the mode door actuator and completed the initiation process, and the actuator seems to be recognized by the system. However the actuator still does not respond to inputs. I have also replaced the control module and did the initiation procedure on that. Is there another part to the HVAC that would prevent the actuator from responding to inputs? Does the 05 Tahoe HVAC require to be initiated using a scan tool?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have replaced the mode door actuator and completed the initiation process, and the actuator seems to be recognized by the system. However the actuator still does not respond to inputs. I have also replaced the control module and did the initiation procedure on that. Is there another part to the HVAC that would prevent the actuator from responding to inputs? Does the 05 Tahoe HVAC require to be initiated using a scan tool?

A relearn with a Tech-2 or equivalent ought to be done after replacement of an actuator. Replacing the control module requires programming on a GMT900.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Do you have the digital controller? Have you tried the basic reset shown here:

One of mine wouldn't come off the floor no matter what I hit. This procedure got it working again.

OP
OP
TontoFAC

TontoFAC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you have the digital controller? Have you tried the basic reset shown here:

One of mine wouldn't come off the floor no matter what I hit. This procedure got it working again.
Thanks, I think you just saved my mental health. I have the manual system. When I looked up this procedure I forgot to write down the last step to turn ignition off for 10-30 seconds. I'll update tomorrow. Thanks again.