2005 Tahoe Driver Side Arm Rest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigDog9721

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am trying to repair / replace my drivers side arm rest. As you will see below I need a need plastic piece at the end. Do I have to replace the whole arm rest or is there a replacement part just for the plastic piece? Thanks in advance...

Attachments

• arm 1.png
    arm 1.png
    332.6 KB · Views: 12

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am trying to repair / replace my drivers side arm rest. As you will see below I need a need plastic piece at the end. Do I have to replace the whole arm rest or is there a replacement part just for the plastic piece? Thanks in advance...
I tried fixing mine with some hot glue and metal. It failed. Only way is to replace imo.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It's goona be a whole piece and go to a salvage yard. The part number for the arm rest, depending on the color, is 88981548, 88981549 or 88981550. When I looked for the part, I did not see an application for just the plastic piece.

You can reach out to @915_Tahoe and give him the last 8 digits of your VIN and he can look and tell you if it is possible for just the plastic piece but I doubt it. Bet the salvage yard is your best bet.

OP
OP
BigDog9721

BigDog9721

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, I was able to repair it myself… but now all the buttons (windows, lock, mirror) don’t work. Possibly a fuse?

OP
OP
BigDog9721

BigDog9721

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally, finally, Finally I fixed it. I took the original arm rest and added a 1/8” thick 1” x 1” metal plate square and drilled holes in it to accept the new control panel frame piece and it worked. I used epoxy glue to hold the metal to the plastic. I thought it was fuses… but I think it was a bad seeding of the wiring below the switches. Each install step of the way I checked to make sure all switches still powered windows, locks, etc. Finally nice, clean, and fully functional. Thanks guys for your input.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Finally, finally, Finally I fixed it. I took the original arm rest and added a 1/8” thick 1” x 1” metal plate square and drilled holes in it to accept the new control panel frame piece and it worked. I used epoxy glue to hold the metal to the plastic. I thought it was fuses… but I think it was a bad seeding of the wiring below the switches. Each install step of the way I checked to make sure all switches still powered windows, locks, etc. Finally nice, clean, and fully functional. Thanks guys for your input.
Def need pics on the fix. Lots of guys will be interested in your fix, including myself, looks like my replacement is starting to get another crack.

OP
OP
BigDog9721

BigDog9721

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Since I've already installed it, I'lll show you a sample of a good arm rest bracket, what was broken, and how i made a piece of metal to epoxy them together. First picture was the piece i fixed... the black arrow was where it was broken... the second picture is an 1/8" thick piece of metal that i grinded down to fit into the narrow plastic slot with a whole (red box) drilled into the metal to emulate the old piece... does that make sense?

Attachments

• Arm Rest 1.png
    Arm Rest 1.png
    704.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Arm Rest 2.png
    Arm Rest 2.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 10

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Since I've already installed it, I'lll show you a sample of a good arm rest bracket, what was broken, and how i made a piece of metal to epoxy them together. First picture was the piece i fixed... the black arrow was where it was broken... the second picture is an 1/8" thick piece of metal that i grinded down to fit into the narrow plastic slot with a whole (red box) drilled into the metal to emulate the old piece... does that make sense?
Trying to picture it......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigStick