2005 Suburban ABS pump seems to run while driving, not when stopped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

bhcbman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've done it, if it is just in gear and idling it's not as scary as it seems, I did all that and got under the truck and listened and I was still wrong about the source of the noise though I was sure it was the transmission but it was actually the rear differential, but in your case it may be easier to find a pump type noise

i paid closer attention to when the pump noise starts and it is right around 40mph. I can stick it up on the stands, sit in the driver's seat and run it to that speed and listen for the noise. If it's there I'll get my wife to do the same and I'll listen from the ground, but don't think I'll crawl under.

marktrafton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Could it be your fuel pump? My fuel pump got a little loud around 110,000 miles so I replaced it and the noise went away.

OP
OP
B

bhcbman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Could it be your fuel pump? My fuel pump got a little loud around 110,000 miles so I replaced it and the noise went away.

I replaced the fuel pump a little over a month and maybe a 1000 miles ago, but the noise has been there since I bought the truck in March. It could be making the noise but I don't think that's it. I think I'm just going to take a chance and pull off the EBCM if I can get the torx screws out. I see some services on ebay that will "rebuild" it for $45-50 so I'm willing to try that versus trying to open it up and re-solder it myself.

OP
OP
B

bhcbman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've removed the air compressor from behind the left rear tire and the sound was still there. Next I removed the electrical connector from the EBCM and the sound is still there, so I guess it's not my ABS pump running. It was a single connector, and not two different connectors like the pictures and videos I've looked at have shown. Anyone else have a connector like this? I guess it's not the Kelsey Hayes 325 unit that seems to prevalent? What do I have?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11DgxFhjo1jHu3yuf61-EGfAt5mRZmO9N3A/view?usp=sharing

I'm still wondering if there's something inside of this that could be triggering the "Service Stability" DIC message even though I have no ABS or BRAKE dash lights?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts