2005 PPV Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoss265

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Need some assistance... don't know if it's just my car. Have a PPV vehicle trying to get electrical back to some originality. Have no hi beams, have fog lights but no switch, and my fuse panel looks like an aftermarket wiring mess. Anyone have any suggestions?

Attachments

• 20221008_183435.jpg
    20221008_183435.jpg
    337 KB · Views: 4
  • 20221008_182643.jpg
    20221008_182643.jpg
    415 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

GatorBite

Reaction score
I have an 03 SSV.........I probably pulled 150ft of wire out of the truck and there is still some I have not gotten to. What I found is they installed flasher modules for the front and rear lights and they cut into several of the wiring harnesses. Everything I have found I have wired it back to normal by cutting and splicing wires together or just getting junkyard harnesses. With that said, I still don't have daytime running lights and the auto headlight function does not work.

Check the fuses and relays first for the headlights....beyond that.....you will need to go through it and look to see what they did to un do it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
probably had a wigwag which makes the high beams alternate left/right if so then the high beams could have been left disconnected when the wigwag was pulled. I would trace the high beam wire and find the cut and patch it back. you can buy a toner test tool for $30-40 online and that would make it a lot easier to find it's the same tool a telephone repair man would use. you could attach the toner at the high beam wire at the headlight harness and then use the receiver to follow the tone to the cut.
I used one to trace like 30 coaxial cables in a junction box at my old house to find out which one went to what room

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts