2005 GMC Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Token11

Token11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any known problems that y’all could think of at 200k miles or anything I should checkout, would be much appreciated, and thanks in advance

It does make a scraping/ squealing noise when I hit a big bump but other than that, it a well taken car of Yukon, I also have all the service records from the time they bought it up until I just bought it. So that made me feel a lot better about it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon. Where is the noise coming from? Front, rear, left, right......Inside the cab? Outside the cab? Going straight? Turning when going over bump and if so does it make the noise with both turns or just one?

We recommend that you put all your rig(s) info in your signature so we all don’t have to guess at year, make, model, engine size, trans, rear axle locker…….etc. While you may have posted pertinent info in your first post, you may forget to do it again and the info is needed by us anyway. Makes it way easier on all members that attempt to help, to have that info right up front. It is also recommended that you take a pic of your RPO codes, on the inside cover of the glove box, and post that image in your signature. All this info will greatly help those that will try to help with a problem.

If there is any other info, like upgrades, mods or recent mechanical/maintenance work done, that would be helpful in any post as well. Too many times a question is asked by the poster and after about 10 responses we find out that the poster has done recent work to attempt to fix the problem or work that was done that SEEMS not related to the problem.

OP
OP
Token11

Token11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon. Where is the noise coming from? Front, rear, left, right......Inside the cab? Outside the cab? Going straight? Turning when going over bump and if so does it make the noise with both turns or just one?

We recommend that you put all your rig(s) info in your signature so we all don’t have to guess at year, make, model, engine size, trans, rear axle locker…….etc. While you may have posted pertinent info in your first post, you may forget to do it again and the info is needed by us anyway. Makes it way easier on all members that attempt to help, to have that info right up front. It is also recommended that you take a pic of your RPO codes, on the inside cover of the glove box, and post that image in your signature. All this info will greatly help those that will try to help with a problem.

If there is any other info, like upgrades, mods or recent mechanical/maintenance work done, that would be helpful in any post as well. Too many times a question is asked by the poster and after about 10 responses we find out that the poster has done recent work to attempt to fix the problem or work that was done that SEEMS not related to the problem.
Okay I’ll update all that info, thanks for telling me all that too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
My pleasure. Check it out and get back to us.

When I ran auto repair shops and a customer came in with a problem, I asked a lot of questions. If their problem happened only on Sunday between 2 and 3 o'clock when it was raining and they were turning left over railroad tracks with a Johnny Cash song on, I wanted that info. They would ask why I asked so many questions, I would tell them that diagnostics take time and cost money and any info I got before that started would shorten that time and save them money. Every doctor does it when you come in to see them and so do I.

TJ Baker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any known problems that y’all could think of

706 heads?? Recently learned of a known problem with Castech 706 heads. I also own a 2005 Yukon. Wish I had known about the issue beforehand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekahgentry

Latest posts