2005 2500HD Igniter Errors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scrumper

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LLY Diesel

Fuel Injector errors on my ODBII. I replaced 1 and 7 already (other errors), but now I get 4 more cylinders with the same error message.

Any ideas on why this happens? It makes it sound like a tractor.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my old boss had one these trucks, injectors just shit the bed for no reason it seem, iirc he had two sets installed at the dealer with in 2-3 years.

jsoltren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dunno. Bad fuel? I've never had a Duramax but I was sadly a Powerstroke 6.0 owner. Injectors get clogged over time. I don't have any leads but I'd look into a rebuilder who can get you some more durable injectors perhaps.

OP
OP
S

Scrumper

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
According to the ODBII codes, its a short on the injector wires, not the injectors themselves. I am afraid, I will most likely have to have it towed to the dealer and have them look into it. :( $$$

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have you inspected the wires at the plugs? or looked over the harness for a rubbed area? hell sometimes taking a plug off and back on 3 times will clean a dirty plug.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
According to the ODBII codes, its a short on the injector wires, not the injectors themselves. I am afraid, I will most likely have to have it towed to the dealer and have them look into it. :( $$$
An obd code can't tell if the injector or the wires are shorted. Only that a short exists in the system

Unplug the thing and ohm out the injector with your multi meter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9