2004 Yukon 5.3 keeps running when key is out... SOLVED!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

Stevo1975

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I pretapped for the remote start using T-Taps (not what arced out the pink ignition 1 wire), however, with the 2 stereo wires I simply used the el cheapo wire taps from Wal-Mart. The little plastic cover that's supposed to cover the tap itself wasn't snapped in. Bummer.

OP
OP
S

Stevo1975

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Okay so I managed to find the problem. While replacing all of the 15 amp fuses, I stuck one in and swore I heard the fuel pump turn on, as well as a clicking noise from what seemed like the throttle body. I referenced the fuse box cover, and lo and behold, it was the radio fuse. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how this was possible, and then realized the 2 power wires for the radio were tapped into the ignition harness. So I cut the wire that was attached to the pink ignition 1 wire, and VOILA! Truck now shuts off. Gonna have to dig deeper into why there's 12 volts coming OUT of my stereo. If I'm not mistaken, I had to connect the trucks harness wire that goes to the Bose amp to the power wire on the stereo, otherwise I had no sound whatsoever.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please EDIT your POST TITLE- add "SOLVED". Really helps searching for a solution. Thanks.